Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.x - Recover Purged CDR's in CAR

steigja
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All,

Is there any possible way to recover purged CDR's, like I'am trying to go back 5 months but we purged older then 2 months old.  I assume they are now lost? thanks.

Jason

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You could restore a backup from two months ago into your lab (with identical host/network settings) and you would have the two months data preceding that backup available. Other than that they are gone; purged means exactly what it says.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You could restore a backup from two months ago into your lab (with identical host/network settings) and you would have the two months data preceding that backup available. Other than that they are gone; purged means exactly what it says.

If I'll do the restore on lab CUCM, do I need to match the exact licenses (like number of CUCM, DLU's etc.) on the production and lab CUCM to do the restore or it should work without matching those licenses.

Thanks

I just did the restore and it worked great, the only thing you need to do is to make sure that you mirror the

original call manager publisher exactly, so the ip and hostname must be the same.  If you try to change it afterwards then there will be issues.  You will also need to trick the lab install call manager to thinking that the time of the system is the same as the date of the backup you are restoring from or the second it comes online it will delete the CDR's you where trying to get to.  You can do this by setting up a ntp server with the same date as the backups.  you don't need to match the licenses if you install the lab call manager on a VM.  The demo license is sufficient because your only trying to get to the CDRs.