Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CUCM 8.5.1.13900-5 License Issue

I having an unusual license issue.

I recently upgraded from 7.1.5 and added the correct licenses. Everything worked fine for a week

I had to reboot the Publisher due to a CTI issue. This resulted in this

License Issue.JPG

I then proceeded to download another fresh license from Cisco Licensing as I had a spare PAK.

I installed this and restarted the Call Manager Service, it didnt make a difference

License Issue 2.JPG

I appreciate I could raise a call with cisco licensing - but I get the feeling fresh licenses isnt going to sort my problem.

Any advice ?

Also how long will the system operate without a proper license ?

Thanks

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

You restarted CUCM, but what you need to restart and the licensing process already tells you to do so, is the licensing manager. Have you restarted that one??

When you change something in the license and you need to rehosts you get a 30 day period to get the right license.

You can try to delete the licenses and then upload them again.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

You restarted CUCM, but what you need to restart and the licensing  process already tells you to do so, is the licensing manager. Have you  restarted that one??

I can't find a license service - what exactly is the 'licensing manager' ?? I thought all the CUCM licensing was sorted by adding licenses to the publisher

..  any chance you could clarify ??

Thanks

James

Cisco Employee

Just as you restart the CUCM service you need to restart the Cisco License Manager service under serviceability.

Yes, you add the licenses to the PUB, but there's a service associated to this and it's not the CUCM service

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

I found that service and restarted it - still no change on the license problem.

I'd imagine a reboot restarts this service

- any ideas ?? or is this an issue I need to take up this Cisco Licensing ??

Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: CUCM 8.5.1.13900-5 License Issue

Hi James,

Cisco Licensing is very,very good about re-homing these licenses when required. Just send an email to;

licensing@cisco.com

Something like this;

We recently migrated our Communications Manger 7.1(5) build to 8.5(1) and during the process we have lost our DLU and Node licenses. We had 3 Node licenses and 6031 DLU's before the migration/upgrade. (send screenshot) these 6031 DLU's and 3 Nodes need to be tied to our Publisher MAC AAABBBCCCDDD accordingly.

Can we please have a new license issued with 6031 DLU's, 3 Nodes and Software feature License 8.x

The PAK we used for 8.x Software feature License is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (fill in actual PAK)

Here is the pertinent info;

End User Name - Bobmart.com

Legal Address - 11223 Fun City Rd

City,Country - Banff, Canada

Purchase Order Number - 111111

Sales Order Number - 2222333

Bill to ID - xxxxx

Ship to ID - xxxxxxxxx

Thanks in advance for all your help with this! Can you please email the new license to:

james@funzone.com

Cheers!

Rob

PS: I believe there is still a bug open with uploading licenses using IE so try Firefox

Please remember to tag your threads and help support "Teachers without Borders"

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/idea-center/communityhelpingcommunity

Thanks Rob,

I have sent Cisco Licensing the email and copied my Cisco Account manager - I will let you know how I get on.

Regards

James

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content