Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

CUCM 8.5 and Lync

Hello all.

We have this annoyng problem.

Production environment:

CUCM 8.5 ---> 2 voice gateways (2951), one with two PRI connections and the other with one PRI (to the ISP/PSTN)

RP/RL/RG are configured to use first VG, and second router if calls saturate first one.

All works properly.

Now, we are testing LYNC integration (with a Sonus VG).

All seems to work well:

- call from cucm ip phones to lync ip phones (and viceversa)

- call from outside to lync users (using a forward all instance)

- call from lync users to the external, using this path:   Lync --> Sonus --> CUCM (SIP Trunk) --> Cisco VG --> PSTN

But I found that, when calls are originated from Lync users, all calls are routed to the external PSTN using second router.

So, I've configured RP/RL/RG to use only first router, but in this way external calls from Lync users doesn't work...

I've double checked all:

- vg configuations are the same (mgcp controlled); both on router and on cucm

- rp/rl/rg configurations are the same

If I reconfigure all to use second router, all it works properly.

But we need to use first router to external calls first, because we have better rate (second router connection is very expensive and used only as backup solution).

How can I find where problem is?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Daniele

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

CUCM 8.5 and Lync

If CUCM is configured to treat the RG as Top Down it's likely failing on the first router for some reason. Let's turn up a few debugs on the router to see what happens. Compare that against router two to spot the difference.

!See what CUCM and the router say to one another

debug mgcp packets

!See what happens on the PRI

debug isdn q931

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

1 REPLY
VIP Super Bronze

CUCM 8.5 and Lync

If CUCM is configured to treat the RG as Top Down it's likely failing on the first router for some reason. Let's turn up a few debugs on the router to see what happens. Compare that against router two to spot the difference.

!See what CUCM and the router say to one another

debug mgcp packets

!See what happens on the PRI

debug isdn q931

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content