cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8 Diagnostic Tool?: Can't add Billing Application Server.

Dan Rufer
Level 1
Level 1

In attempting to add a Call Manager Billing Application Server (Serviceability ==> Tools ==> CDR Management), the process ends end in error.  Is there a Call Manager function that might tell me where in the process this attempt fails?  Is RTMT that option?  I'm looking to determine where in the process the failure occurs (like IP reachability of the FTP destination, negotiating IDs/PWs, etc.).  The error response says "Connection Error - Please Check the FTP / SFTP Parameters" but it seems I've checked those parameters repeatedly without success.  Thank you for any comments.  Dan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

bijay_mishra
Level 1
Level 1

Dan,

I had the same issue this morning, and when I googled I saw your post.

I did the following to resolve this :-

• Enable FTP/SFTP on the host (Destination system)
  • Setup the correct login credentials
  • Then add in the CUCM

It worked for me, try this out

Regards,

Bijay

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Best way to troubleshoot this is from the SFTP server end if you have access to it - check the logs there for any connection attempts and you shoudl see whether there is nothing (i.e. no connectivity), or a password or path error.

Also verify the SFTP server by using an SFTP client; either a linux PC or server or a windows app like WinSCP.

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

hi Aaron,

thanks for your support, i also had this problem and i just follow your advice and i could see that the ftp was down on the host.

regard

pedro

bijay_mishra
Level 1
Level 1

Dan,

I had the same issue this morning, and when I googled I saw your post.

I did the following to resolve this :-

• Enable FTP/SFTP on the host (Destination system)
  • Setup the correct login credentials
  • Then add in the CUCM

It worked for me, try this out

Regards,

Bijay

Hi,

I added at Serviceability ==> Tools ==> CDR Management a "Billing server". At this server no billing software is installed but only a FTP server.

It it possible to save the CDR data in this way to a FTP server?

The "Billing server" with protocol "FTP" was added without error but no data is written to the FTP server?

BR

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: