cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9 & AS5850, Using MGCP Gateways not found in "Gateway Type" list...

goodwinscott
Level 1
Level 1

I have an application where I need to control a large, AS5850 gateway using MGCP.  CUCM version is 9.1, soon to be 10.0.  The gateway is populated with CT3 cards.

We have confirmed that the AS5850 does in fact support MGCP, however it is not listed as an option in the list of gateway product choices when adding a new gateway in CUCM.  So my first question:

1) How do you add an MGCP gateway in CUCM when it is not listed in the "gateway type" drop-down list?  It seems there must be a way to do this.  Other well known gateways such as the AS5300, AS5400 etc.. are also notably absent from the list of gateway choices.  Perhaps there is a template that can be edited?

If anyone has experience utilizing an AS5850 gateway with CUCM & MGCP, it would be very useful to see sample configuration programming from your gateway.

Many thanks

1 Reply 1

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

As per the datasheet, the Cisco AS5850 Universal Gateway supports H.323,  SIP, and MGCP call-control protocols with extensive SNMP management and  debugging capabilities. It works with the Cisco PGW 2200 Softswitch,  the Cisco BTS 10200 Softswitch, and many partner softswitches as well.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iad/ps509/ps512/product_data_sheet09186a008007cc48.html

It looks like that its not supported with CUCM.

HTH

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: