cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM and CUP in the same MCS?

jmecklenburg
Level 2
Level 2

CUP CUCM and can be on the same server MCS78XX?

If so, as is the process of installation?

Regards

fixie rider
9 Replies 9

Hi Javier,

Presence and Communications Manager can not be installed on the same server. You need to have a dedicated server for presence and UCM.

-> Sushil

But, why when cisco send the CUCM whit the server include the CUP?

fixie rider

Hi,

I guess you are talking about the promotional bundle where presence comes y default at $0 along with CUCM.

Its a promotional offer, where you are saving on the cost of presence software, otherwise for presence deployment you would have any purchased the hardware and invested additionally on the presence software.

With this offer you at lease save on the software cost.

-> Sushil

OK.... but one more questions...

Reading the document installation CUP on the considerations reads.

Install the Cisco Unified Presence software on the first node, or publisher, server first and then on the second node. You must configure the second node on the first node before you can install the second node.

Make sure that the second node can connect to the first node server and to the Cisco Unified Communications Manager first node during the installation.

I do not understand

fixie rider

you can have CUPS cluster with up to 2 servers. that's what the information means.

Cisco Unified Presence Server Cluster

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/presence.html#wp1043705

Cisco Unified Presence consists of two servers, a publisher and a subscriber, based on the same architecture as the Unified CM publisher and subscriber. However, the Cisco Unified Presence publisher server and subscriber server form their own cluster and are not formally integrated as part of the Unified CM cluster. The Cisco Unified Presence publisher utilizes and builds upon the database used by the Unified CM publisher by sharing the user and device information. A Cisco Unified Presence server cluster supports only a single Unified CM cluster; therefore, all users of Cisco Unified Presence must be defined within the same Unified CM cluster with Release 5.0(4) or higher.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Ok! thanks!

And it is possible to have a single server with CUP

fixie rider

yes, that's also possible. the cluster provides redundancy but you can have only 1 server

HTH

java

HTH

java

If I install the software bundle CUCM of CUP, I have all the functions of the CUP, or should I buy something apart?

I ask this in mind an integration between Office Communicator and MS Office Communicator

fixie rider

Hi Javier,

In addition to installation of CUP on as server, to integrate CUCM with OCS to use MOC, you need to have DLUs on the UCM for each of the MOC clients.

One DLU each.

Request Java to veify this.

-> Sushil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: