Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM and LDAP integration

JustForVoice_2
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I am confused regarding the integration between CUCM and LDAP.

As I know I have two ways to integrate:

1- Authentication.

2- Synchronization.

What I know if I integrate CUCM with LDAP I will not be able to add users to CUCM DB localy. and this case I can authenticate users through LDAP if authentication enabled or via CUCM DB if Synch enabled.

but what if i need to add user to CUCM DB and I do not need to add it to LDAP DB? like tea boy, I need to add his information to CUCM DB so I can see his name and extension in Corporate directory. In the same time I am not able to add him to LDAP.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You will not be able to see an application user in the Corporate Directory, having your teaboy as an application user would just let him login to say the CCMuser page, but it wouldn't make him appear in the directory.

You're going to have to add the teaboy to the LDAP database if you want him the directory when LDAP sync is turned on.

The distinction here is:

LDAP sync: Populates your End Users - end users appear in the corporate directory

LDAP authentication: Can only be turned on if LDAP sync is on, and lets an end user login to say the CCMuser page using the same login details as are kept in the LDAP database.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

In 8.0 and up you can customise the LDAP filter used for sync (in previous version you can do this as well but it's more difficult) so you can add tea boy as a contact to AD, enable contacts to be imported, and the user will appear in the directory. See this post: https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3042759#3042759

Otherwise you may find that AD integration isn't the right choice for you - if you need to add users to CCM that aren't in AD then don't integrate to AD.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thank you for your reply,

I am using CUCM 7.1.3.

So there is no way to add any user to CUCM DB if I enable Synchronization or authentication?

I remember if I enable one of them I have access to CUCM DB or No?

If you turn on LDAP sync you can only add users to the CUCM by adding them to your LDAP database, there is no other way to add them.

As Aaron mentions, you can choose to not import all users from your LDAP database, but you can't choose to have some locally kept on the CUCM db too.

Yes, you can.

You may go to CUCM > User Management > Application User to add your users.  You may set username and password as you like.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Thank you Ben and Michael,

But If I added the tea boy as an application user I will not be able to see the name in corporate directory, true or false?

Therefore, What is the main difference between Synch and Authentication ?

You will not be able to see an application user in the Corporate Directory, having your teaboy as an application user would just let him login to say the CCMuser page, but it wouldn't make him appear in the directory.

You're going to have to add the teaboy to the LDAP database if you want him the directory when LDAP sync is turned on.

The distinction here is:

LDAP sync: Populates your End Users - end users appear in the corporate directory

LDAP authentication: Can only be turned on if LDAP sync is on, and lets an end user login to say the CCMuser page using the same login details as are kept in the LDAP database.

Thank you for your reply

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: