Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Caller ID for Offnet Calls

I have CUCM setup with a SIP trunk to a Voice Gateway. When I make outbound calls to the PSTN the caller ID is showing the internal caller ID (i.e the extension). I would like it to use the external phone number mask for the DN.

I have checked the settings on both the router pattern and the SIP trunk. The route pattern is set to "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask", the Calling line ID and Calling Line Name is set to allowed.

Any ideas as to where else this setting could be applied?

13 Replies 13

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Derrick,

Is the External Phone Number Mask populated on the Directory Number of the IP phone? If yes, can you provide the debug from the voice gateway to check if the caller id is being sent correctly to the gateway. If cucm is sending internal caller id then we can get a set of detailed callmanager traces to see what's going wrong on cucm. Also, check for any transformations at the Route list level.

HTH

Manish

Yes, there is an external phone number mask on the DN. I ran some debugs on the SIP Gateway during a outbound call and I can see that CUCM is sending "Derrick - 305" as the from address.

See the attached logs.

Any ideas?

Can you provide the output of 'debug voice ccapi inout' for a test call. You mean to say that when you call a cellphone from your IP phone, you see "Derrick - 305" as the caller id on the cellphone?

Manish

Yes, that is exactly right. When I use my IP Phone (Derrick - 305) to call a external number such as a cell phone, I the caller ID will show Derrick - 305 on the cell phone oppose to the external number mask.

See attached debug. 

Thanks!

I see the following in the debugs

039778: Apr 13 13:22:06.677: //-1/834AE0800000/CCAPI/cc_api_call_setup_ind_common:
   Interface=0x48A2C6AC, Call Info(
   Calling Number=2894725527,(Calling Name=)(TON=Unknown, NPI=Unknown, Screening=User, Passed, Presentation=Allowed),
   Called Number=76475043072(TON=Unknown, NPI=Unknown),

So, 2894725527 is being sent to the gateway from cucm. Is it the external mask configured on the phone?

Manish

Hi Manish,

Thanks for looking into the logs. So if CUCM is passing the external mask to the SIP Voice Gateway, then there must be a setting on the gateway configuration that could be causing the problem.

I have the external mask set on the DN.

Is there any way to tell the gateway to use the external mask as the Caller ID oppose to the name?

Please share the running config of the gateway to check if any translations are applied on the gateway, also have you tried checking with the service provider if they are receiving the caller id correctly from the gateway.

Manish

I have included the running config at the bottom of the attached debug in the above post.

Hi Derrick,

I checked the running config of the gateway, there is nothing that would block the caller id. Have you checked with your service provider yet as to what caller id information are they receiving from the gateway? In a lot of such cases the fault lies on the service provider end.

Manish

Sorry for the late reply. I will check with my provider. Thanks!

I think you need to place your Calling Party Translation on Router too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: