Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Cluster capacity?

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I have questions regarding the CUCM Cluster capacity.

As  Cisco provides different capacity OVA templates for CUCM UCS B and  C-Series Servers. What will happen if i use two different capacity OVA  templates in Single CUCM cluster on two different CUCM instances running  on VMware? For example OVA template of 2500 Users on one server and OVA  template of 1000 Users. If I use these OVA templates, will it affect  the overall CUCM cluster capacity.

For MCS servers I  know that the overall cluster capacity might ultimately be dictated by  the capacity of the smallest server within the cluster. Is this  applicable to UCS servers also? For example running CUCM instances on  C210M2 and C200M2 in single cluster.

Thanks,

VJ

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, the behavior is the same as with MCS's.

You cannot expect to failover from a 7845 to a 7835, or on UCS from a 7500 OVA to a 2500 OVA.

If you really wanna go that way then you need to adjust your CUCM groups so that only the right amount of phones failover to each server without going above the fixed amount of devices it can support.

Otherwise just go with the same OVA for all servers and avoid troubles.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, the behavior is the same as with MCS's.

You cannot expect to failover from a 7845 to a 7835, or on UCS from a 7500 OVA to a 2500 OVA.

If you really wanna go that way then you need to adjust your CUCM groups so that only the right amount of phones failover to each server without going above the fixed amount of devices it can support.

Otherwise just go with the same OVA for all servers and avoid troubles.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Hi sir,

i just want ot know from where we can get the OVA for 1000 user or 2000 user

and this OVA is for server series specified like 7835 or 7845 like that.

thanks in advance

HI

Please go to following link

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_Virtualization_Downloads_%28including_OVA/OVF_Templates%29#Unified_Communications_Manager

And see under "Unified Communications Manager"

regards

Ronak Patel

Rate helpful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Thanks sir

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

Test test

---

Posted by WebUser Carlos Lopez from <a href="http://apps.facebook.com/lopez-cisco/" target="_blank">Cisco Support Community App</a>