Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM-CUP cluster and DNS

I have a CUCM 8.6 cluster with 2 servers (publisher and subscriber) and I want to install a CUP cluster.

My question is regarding the DNS activation.Now DNS is not configured on CUCM cluster and I prefer to keep it as it is.

I read that you can configure only one SIP trunk between a CUCM cluster and a CUP cluster.

How can I setup a SIP trunk in CUCM to connect with CUP cluster without activating the DNS?

In CUCM 8.6 SIP Trunk configuration allows you to configure more than one Destination Address.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Generically speaking you can just put the IP addresses of the CUP cluster, starting with the publisher as the first destination. Prior to CUCM allowing multiple destination addresses you couldn't get failover of the trunk if the CUP publisher went down unless you used DNS SRV records. I have not tested the behavior with the new multiple destionation addresses yet. It's easy to test though: build it and yank the CUP publisher off the network. If On the Phone status still works in CUPC you're good to go. If it doesn't you'll need to use DNS SRV records.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Generically speaking you can just put the IP addresses of the CUP cluster, starting with the publisher as the first destination. Prior to CUCM allowing multiple destination addresses you couldn't get failover of the trunk if the CUP publisher went down unless you used DNS SRV records. I have not tested the behavior with the new multiple destionation addresses yet. It's easy to test though: build it and yank the CUP publisher off the network. If On the Phone status still works in CUPC you're good to go. If it doesn't you'll need to use DNS SRV records.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: