Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Error

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Everyone

I was trying to move a phone from one DP to another and when I move the phone and went to save the changes it gave me this error below and I wanted to know what would cause this and how would I go about fixing this problem.

The attempted action was a violation of security protocols and will not be allowed. This may be caused by having multiple concurrent windows open or using browser buttons (back, refresh, etc). Please retry the operation

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you have more than one tab open for CCMadmin??

If yes, that's the cause, use only one, or use different browsers.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

38 Replies 38

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you have more than one tab open for CCMadmin??

If yes, that's the cause, use only one, or use different browsers.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I received this error when trying to make a change, shut the browser down completely (closed all tabs, sessions, etc)

logged back in - attempted the change again - same error -

Can we only have 1 administrator in at a time now? That seems like a big step backwards:

Any resolution to this?

Just upgraded to CCM 10.5. I was able to add a location, but now I cant modify or delete w/o getting this error. I cleared cache/cookies, used a diff browser, I am the only one logged in, etc.

Can't get past it.

Thx,

Can you try hitting save after seeing this error? This should still let you save the changes. Is your browser supported, I remember seeing this error but happened only when I opened another tab while modifying any records, and if I remember correctly after doing save after this error it did let me save. I dont have the console in front of me to test it at the moment but you can try saving after the error.

Ref: (although this for ver 10)

www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmcfg/CUCM_BK_C95ABA82_00_admin-guide-100/CUCM_BK_C95ABA82_00_admin-guide-100_chapter_01.html

Note

If you receive the following error message upon saving a configuration, entered changes are not lost. Click Save again after seeing the error message.

Security Error : The attempted action was a violation of security protocols and will not be allowed. This may be caused by having multiple concurrent windows open or using browser buttons (back, refresh, etc). Please retry the operation

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

Thanks Terry.

Once I get that message though, I no longer have any options other than hitting "Go" to go back to the list of my Locations. There is no Save button. :(

I don't have multiple tabs open in my browser. I tried IE, Firefox, Chrome, non domain machines, rebooted the PUB, and no such luck. Same darn message.

Strange. Can you confirm if you are making the changes from Pub server (I am sure you must be but to double check)?

Although this appears more of a browser issue to me but can you post the output of below from CLI of the pub

show network cluster

utils dbreplication runtimestate

It may be completely off the track but just wanted to confirm you have no other problems.

-Terry

[+5] to Terry for troubleshooting tips.

I can see one bug not exactly related to the error message[multiple browsers] posted 7 months bug but has been fixed in latest 10.5.1 version.

have  u upgraded to the same version as mentioned in Fixed releases.

UCM Admin page gives unexpected error for "security protocol violation"
CSCuj91763
Symptom:
See "The attempted action was a violation of security protocols and will not be allowed. Please try another action." when saving User Device Association consecutive times.

Conditions:
Navigate to User Device Association and save selected changes consecutive times.

Workaround:
Navigate to User Configuration and then back to User Device Association to save again.
Known Affected Releases:
(1)
10.0(1.10000.2)
Known Fixed Releases:
(7)
10.5(0.98000.23)
10.0(1.10000.7)
10.5(0.98000.13)
10.0(1.10000.6)
10.0(0.98000.35)
10.0(1.10000.24)
10.5(1.10000.7)

Thx for all the replies. I just upgraded to 10.5.2.10000-5.

Upon further  hair pulling, this issue is related to a particular site within my cluster. For that  site, I cant change the Device Pool, Region, Location, etc.

I can make changes to everything else outside of this particular site.

I removed any devices associated to that DP, still no luck.

I restored from a backup I had made right  after my upgrade, no luck.

dbrep runtimestate shows all status 2's.

show net cluster shows all authenticated.

TAC case is opened.

It's got to be a bug. I went to change the name of the Location and it worked.

The original name was Campus-DoveValley

These names work:

Campus

Campus-Centrepoint99999999

Campus-CentrepointPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Campus-Dove

Campus-DoveV

Campus-DoveVa

Campus-DoveVVVVVV

Campus-DoveVa123

Campus-Dove_Valley

Campus-ValleyDove

These names don't:

Campus-CentrepointDoveValeyy

Campus-DoveValley

Campus-DoveVal

Campus-DoveValaaa

Campus-DoveVal123

Campus-DoveValley_

Campus_DoveValley

Campus_WasDoveValley

I cant make any sense from it. It works when it likes the name. Now I have to cope with a naming convention that isnt consistent. Going to need counseling. ;)

I will update this when TAC takes a look at it.

Thanks again!

we would wait for TAC to reply.

this is what I could find.

Location - Hub_None Access Denied error
CSCur06655
Symptom:
If there is a location by the name "Union (any characters)" and then when we access the below path,

System > Location Info > Select the Location beginning with 'Union xx' > Under Links, select Hub_None

We get the below error,

"Access to the requested resource has been denied. The attempted action was a violation of security protocols and will not be allowed. Please try another action."

Conditions:
CUCM version 9.x and 10.x

Workaround:
None

I am running 10.5.2 and having this same issue.  Has anyone come across a resolution? 

Jecker, I got around it by changing the name. The best I could do. Cisco's response was above.

Yeah, looks like it's a bug. 

Thanks for the info. 

This is definately a bug. I get the same error when trying to change the route partition of a line on a device.

My workaround i found to bypass this is as follows:

Instead of selecting save, select apply config first, it will then give you the option to save and then the update happens as suppose to.

Regards,

Conwell

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: