Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

cucm find where roaming phones actually are

Hi

I have device mobility enabled, and I'm aware of when it applies and when it doesn't. However, I would like to be able to search for phones that are using a particular roaming device pool.

We can do a find and list for phones explicitly configured in a device pool. (Home device pool).

And we can look at a particular phone and use the 'View Current Device Mobility settings' link. And see if it has a roaming device pool.

But what about finding all devices using a device pool, including both explicitly configured AND roaming devices?

Checking a device pool's dependency records will only display those explicitly configured for that device pool. Not those phones that are roaming and using that device pool's settings.

Does anyone know a way?

It may be it is not possible from the GUI, but can be done via CLI...

BTW - I'm still using CUCM7.1.5.

If is isn't possible, perhaps this functionality is available in a later version?

Also, I don't have access to the site switches, so I can't use CDP info to compare.

The only thing I can see that would allow this is to search through IP addresses on the Find and list phones page. If you search for phones in a particular device pool, you can usually spot an IP address that is not in the right subnet associated with the device pool. But that only finds me the phones that are roaming AWAY FROM this device pool, not those that are roaming TO it.

It is a pity that there is no way to filter on subnets, or export phones and include their IP addresses.

Perhaps in the future.

I look forward to your replies. Thanks

2 REPLIES

Have you tried RTMT?  I am not sure if you can actually pull that information from it, but I will have a look for you tomorrow

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi minkdennis

Forgot to mention, but yes - I had tried RTMT.

I looked through the perfmon section and checked out the device search filters.

Unless there are sections you can find, it seems it is not possible there either.

Thanks for the reply.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content