Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Group Design

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Everyone

My manager came to me and asked me about how do I  have the CUCM Groups configured and I told me that we have our Sub in Dallas First our Sub in Houston second and then our Pub in Dallas as the third option. He asked me what did I think about spinning up another VM and taking the Pub out of the group all together.At my last employer we had the Pub as the third option and I just wanted to know your opinions on what is the best way to configure the groups.

Eric

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Eric,

Generally a couple of callmanagers would be sufficient in a callmanager group, but there can be some exceptional circumstances where the first two callmanagers in the CM group are down or not reachable and that extra callmanager in the CM group comes to the rescue. Having the callmanagers in geographically distinct locations helps in preventing such situations where all callmanagers in a CM group are not reachable. I would like to add that adding the third extra callmanager in the CM group also has impact on features like Non-GK controlled ICT configuration.

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Eric,

Generally a couple of callmanagers would be sufficient in a callmanager group, but there can be some exceptional circumstances where the first two callmanagers in the CM group are down or not reachable and that extra callmanager in the CM group comes to the rescue. Having the callmanagers in geographically distinct locations helps in preventing such situations where all callmanagers in a CM group are not reachable. I would like to add that adding the third extra callmanager in the CM group also has impact on features like Non-GK controlled ICT configuration.

HTH

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: