Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM License file uploaded again.

yeruel77
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

The license file from CUCM LM was deleted with accident. I have already the license file in my laptop. then is it possible to upload it again to CUCM LM that file. 

12 Replies 12

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

what version of CUCM are you using

JB

Hi,

It is CUCM v11 series. Can I upload the lisence file again?

Hi,

with PLM the same licence file can be uploaded as long as you have not installed the PLM server.

Are you seeing any error?

JB

No installed PLM Server as new. It just exsting PLM server with CUCM that was licensed with license file. But the license file was deleted, So I want to upload exsting license again. 

is it possible to upload that license? 

Error is just insufficent license for users and devices n CUCM.

Yes, you should be able to add the licences file.

What i am asking is are you seeing any error while uploading the file.

JB

Hi ,

There is error,

attached

You need to send an email to licensing@cisco.com and then can help you with this.

JB

Thank you,

Fixed.

The problem was one user used two devices. Enhanced licence cant work on this senario. 

Right? 

Hi,

This is the tier architecture from Bottom UP

The following are the license types for the Unified Communications Manager:

Essential Essential User Connect License - supports one device providing basic voice or analog device (phone or fax). (For example: analog phone, ATA 186, ATA 187, Cisco 3905, Cisco 6901)
Basic Basic User Connect License - supports one device, including all Essential devices, plus basic (voice and video) call control features. (For example: Cisco 6911, Cisco 6921)
Enhanced Enhanced User Connect License - supports one device, including all Basic devices, plus advanced (voice and video) call control features including desktop and mobile clients. (For example: Cisco 3911, Cisco 3951, Cisco 6941, Cisco 6945, Cisco 6961, Cisco 79xx, Cisco 89xx, Cisco 99xx, Cisco E20, Cisco TelePresence EX60, Cisco TelePresence EX90, third party SIP)
Enhanced Plus Enhanced Plus User Connect License - supports up to two devices, and including all Enhanced devices.
CUWL Standard CUWL Standard Unified Workspace Licensing (UWL) license for Unified CM - supports advanced (voice and video) call control features including desktop and mobile with maximum of two devices per user.
CUWL Professional CUWL Professional Unified Workspace Licensing (UWL) license for Unified CM - includes CUWL Standard features and professional collaboration workspace application features with maximum of ten devices per user.
TelePresence Room TelePresence Room license - supports room based immersive and multipurpose Cisco TelePresence System endpoints. (For example: Cisco TelePresence System Series 3200, 3000, 1300; Cisco TelePresence MX Series; Cisco TelePresence TX Series; Cisco TelePresence System Profile Series)

Higher tier licences can pitch in if lower is not available, but there is more to it, for greater details see below.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100_chapter_0100101.html

(Rate if it helps)

JB

Thanks very much

[+5] to Jitender.

The error snapshot shows that license file which u are trying to upload is of different version.

If you had generated the license file of CUCM11, u can visit the www.cisco.com/go/license . Click on Licenses TAB . You will find all the licenses generated . Select it and then, click on either Download Licenses or Email Selected Licenses.

Also, attached is snapshot.

regds,

aman

we purchased 500 license.but it said insufficent, and we installed 500 devices.