Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM License Information Required

sandeep_yadav07
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

One of customer missed information backup related to installed CUCM licenses(PAK) and installation media for CUCM. So thinking about disaster recovery, if we need to rebuild the cluster then we don't have installation media and license information related to CUCM and VM.So kindly suggest the approach to get these details from Cisco.

Regards

Sandeep

12 Replies 12

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you have the Sales Order Number or Contract Number then you can get the new LIcnese File.

Just open case with Cisco TAC or Licensing team.

You can obtain the required CUCM Installation Media from Cisco TAC or use the Patch Upgrade Files available for download on Cisco Website.

Please rate and mark correct.

[+5] to Haris .

I suppose the system is running. If it is so , then , u can take backup of license files from putty using command license file get.

Also, if u generated the licenses , then, u can visit site www.cisco.com/go/license using your CCOID and download the licenses by clicking on License TAB --License ID--UCM-PAK. Click on this, u will get option of Download License.

regds,

aman

Hello Aman Soi,

Greetings!!!

One of my client is using 8.0 cucm on MCS, who is asking for license backup

Is there anyway we can take the backup of license, I tried "license file get" but this command is not accepted through CLI

Thanks in advance

Hi Vinod,

you can refer the link

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12006276/software-license-lost-after-rebooting-pub-cucm-601a

regds,

aman

Hi I tried it is giving me error, It is cucm 8.0.3, CLI command it accepts as "file get license" but after file get license it require more command which I am not understanding

I am attaching both the snapshot

Hi Vinod,

you can try file list license * to see the installed CCM license files.

Now, you can run file get license * or  file get license CCM*

regds,

aman

Hi Aman, even file list license command is not complete, it again require more information same as file get license

Hi Vinod,

Can u share snapshot of below commands

a. file list license *

b. file get license *

After each command, press enter .

regds,

aman

Hi Aman, I dont have snapshot right now but it says "error executing command" when I forcefully enter.

Hi Vinod,

the command is case sensitive.

Hope u are writing file list license CCM* or file list license * and file get license CCM*

regds,

aman

Hi Vinod,

I have captured the snapshot from Call Manager 7.x

Hope that helps.

regds,

aman

Hello Aman, That really helped, sorry I was not entering properly earlier

Thanks a ton for your support

Rgds

AV