Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Login

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

I wanted to know can some one tell me where in CUCM do I go to setup users to where they can log into it with thier domain credintals.

I have a default login that was setup when we first deployed CUCM but I want to make it where everyone that logs in uses there domain

info. Thanks in advance for the help and have a great day.                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need to be far more clear with what you're asking. For example, which interface is this new employee needing access to: /ccmadmin or /ccmuser? If the former add him to the Superuser group; if the later add him to the End User group. You do this by using the Add User to Group button on his End User Configuration page.

If you do not see his account in the End User search results you may need to perform a manual syncronization under System > LDAP > LDAP Directory. Choose the appropriate sync agreement and choose the Perform Full Sync button.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I'm assuming you have the ability to log in with your AD credentials already?

You would want to assign the admin users' accounts in User Management/End Users to a suitable group, e.g. Super Users for full access.

If so, then you go to User Management/Application Users. The default (e.g. ccmadmin, ccmadministrator or whatever it is) should be listed there. Set the password to something secret and store it safely, rather than trying to delete it.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron

and to login with my AD information is what I want to do, I can't do that currently. I'm logging in with the default account that was created when CUCM was configured.

You will want to read some documentation before embarking on this task. The SRND has a chapter on LDAP Integration, how it works, and the implications. After that the actual configuration tasks are three fold and are covered in the Administration Guide. Be sure that you understand how the local accounts are matched up to an AD object before starting; once enabled any End User accounts that cannot be found in AD will be deleted at the nightly garbage collection interval.

Actually the LDAP intergration is already done, the reason that I ask is because I have a new employee that I need to setup and my manager wants him setup to where he can log into CUCM with his AD info like the other 2 guys that work here. I asked them how did they set that up and they don't know because the consultants that installed the CUCM did it for them. No one here knows how to setup to use there AD info that's why I'm still using the default login myself.

You need to be far more clear with what you're asking. For example, which interface is this new employee needing access to: /ccmadmin or /ccmuser? If the former add him to the Superuser group; if the later add him to the End User group. You do this by using the Add User to Group button on his End User Configuration page.

If you do not see his account in the End User search results you may need to perform a manual syncronization under System > LDAP > LDAP Directory. Choose the appropriate sync agreement and choose the Perform Full Sync button.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: