cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Publisher and Subscriber unreachable

Val Constable
Level 1
Level 1

I presently having issues with my Publisher and Subscriber Servers.

I working with CUCM Version 7.1.5.20000-6 / Cisco MCS 7800 Series Media Convergence Server.

Through Cisco Unified Reporting – Unified CM Database Status – I get this report

For every server, shows if you can   read from the local and publisher databases.

172.20.160.11 is down and cannot   be reached.

The publisher database could not   be reached from 172.20.160.11 .

The local database could not be   reached from 172.20.160.11 .

https://172.20.160.10:8443/cucreports/showReport.do?isStandard=true&name=Unified%20CM%20Database%20Status&transform=truehttps://172.20.160.10:8443/cucreports/showReport.do?isStandard=true&name=Unified%20CM%20Database%20Status&transform=trueView Details

Server

Publisher   DB Reachable

Local   DB Reachable

true

true

I have also attached a Debug Script for review.

Help,,,,,,,,,,,

8 Replies 8

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Val,

Was there an unclean shutdown of the servers due to a power outage? If you are not sure then you can check the uptime for services from Cisco Unified Serviceability > Tools > Control center. If there was an unclean shutdown there is a possibility of the filesystem getting corrupted and may require the recovery cd to be run. Additionally if you run "utils service list" do you see any issues with services like Database layer monitor or A Cisco DB. What is the status of replication, you can check it from CLI by running the following

show perf query class "Number of Replicates Created and State of Replication"

If the output of above is anything other than 2 then there is a replication problem.

What other symptoms of the issue as visible?

I would check all of the above and try a cluster reboot to start with and see if the issue persists.

HTH

Manish

Hello Manish,

Tahnk you very much for the information you provided to me, however I am still not able to rtesolve the issue on hand with this CUCM Subscriber Server being unreachable.

So far I have Rebooted the Server and I have restarted all the possible Services, suach as the following -

Cluster Manager / Service Manger / Cisco Tomcat / Cisco Database Layer Monitor / Cisco CallManager Serviceability

The Server (SUB) reports - ARP Failure to lookup IP Gateway address upon boot up.

Utils diagnose test - gets such on Validating Network.

Any ideas you have will be helpful at this point.

PS.. I do Not have the recovery disk for the system.

Regartds,

Val

Are the pub and sub on the same network?
Can you ping the default gateway of the sub?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Val,

You can download the recovery ISO from the following location

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=282421166&flowid=5328&softwareid=282074294&release=7.1%285b%29&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Burn it on a DVD and boot up using the recovery iso, then select the options to automatically fix file system and manually fix file system if needed.

Check for any DNS related issues if configured as the network connectiviry errors could be due to the same.

However, looking at the errors and state of services, if the issue persists, i would recommend a reinstall of the subscriber as the Pub will replicate the data to the sub.

HTH

Manish

Also are you using teaming on the mcs servers?

Hello Manish,

Thanks for the info, however our equipment is out OS service contract and I am not able to download the recovery CD, is there any other way i can get the software needed?

DNS is not configured on the Cluster servers - Is this a mandatory config - If so how do I find documentation on configuring DNS on the Cluster Servers.

Thanks a mil,

Cheers, Val.

Val,

DNS is not a mandate. If you are unable to download recovery iso, unfortunately i cannot help there. My suggestion is again, considering the nature of errors and considering its a subscriber, you can reinstall it as it will take just a couple of hours and the database would be replicated from the Publisher to the subscriber.

HTH

Manish

Before we rebuild, we need to check the network side, ie nic card in the server etc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: