Helpful
Replies

CUCM software patch

Pointbreak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am at the early stage of this project. Just want clarity on below

Does the software patch of CUCM from10.5.2.10000-5 to 10.5.2.15900-8 need any services to be restarted?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As I said, 20-30 minutes per server.
So if CUCM isn't part of the CM group, there won't be an impact.

And be careful, you first need to switch only the publisher, wait till it go fully up and only then the do the subscriber.

Take under consideration that after you'll upgrade and switch the subscribers, that all of your phones will start upgrading at once, so if you have a lot of phones, and they are spread in multiple sites, it can "eat" your bandwidth. So of course you must do this switch after working hours so it won't impact the data traffic in the organization, unless all the phones in the same site,

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7
Hi,
You cannot switch version without doing restart to the CUCM.

Hi,

As rightly said by Slavik [+5] , u do not need to restart any services , You would get a message similar to as attached [reboot to SWITCH to new Version]

regds,

aman

Thanks for the reply.

Firstly I am updating the patch one server at a time. So i think we are good here

My question is once we update all the servers, during reboot would there be any impact?

How much time it would take for server restart

Hi,

Well, if you have a cluster and the phones are all registered to a subscriber nodes, they won't be affected at first, because you MUST switch version first to the publisher node. After you finished the publisher node, you can go and switch on your subscriber, but of course when you do this all phones will be un-registered and will register back again to your newly upgraded publisher node (if it's in the CM group and used as a Call Manager also).

A switch process takes between 20-30 minutes as much as I remember.

Thanks

For me Pub not in the CM group. We got 4: 4.

My question restarting Pub , how much time it would take?

As I said, 20-30 minutes per server.
So if CUCM isn't part of the CM group, there won't be an impact.

And be careful, you first need to switch only the publisher, wait till it go fully up and only then the do the subscriber.

Take under consideration that after you'll upgrade and switch the subscribers, that all of your phones will start upgrading at once, so if you have a lot of phones, and they are spread in multiple sites, it can "eat" your bandwidth. So of course you must do this switch after working hours so it won't impact the data traffic in the organization, unless all the phones in the same site,