cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM updated - UCCX call forwarding issue

Natalie Ramirez
Level 1
Level 1

I recently updated CUCM from 9.1.1 to 9.1.2 with UCCX integrated on version 9.0.2.10.  After the CUCM update, I updated the jtapi on UCCX and restarted the UCCX server.  

It is a very small UCCX deployment with only 6 agents.  

Before the CUCM update, all 6 agents could transfer calls.  After the update, 3 of the agents can no longer transfer calls, but 3 still transfer calls like normal.

I can not find anything different about the 3 agents that can not transfer calls.  I have been through their extensions, their UDP, their phones, nothing...  If I call their extension directly, they can transfer the call just fine, but if I call the contact center, they can not transfer me off to another agent.  If I get an agent that can transfer calls, they can forward me, but if they forward me to an agent that can not transfer calls, the call can not be forwarded again. 

When they hit transfer, it beeps and puts the call on hold. 

They are, however, able to conference in the agent they want to transfer too and then drop off the call.  And this is what they are doing until I am able to figure out why they can not transfer calls received from the UCCX server. 

There is a UCCX update from the version I am on 9.0.2.10 to 9.0.2.11 available, would updating the UCCX be advisable?  Would it be advisable to downgrade CUCM back to 9.1.1?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It doesn't sound like a bug if it's consistently the same 3 agents and all settings are identical.

Do they all have the same physical phone and same firmware?

Do they have the same Line settings for their UCCX lines?  Max/busy 2/1?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

It doesn't sound like a bug if it's consistently the same 3 agents and all settings are identical.

Do they all have the same physical phone and same firmware?

Do they have the same Line settings for their UCCX lines?  Max/busy 2/1?

Same physical phones, different firmware version.  As soon as I fixed the firmware issue, it resolved the call transfer issue. 

Thank you for your post, it was very helpful. 

happy to help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: