Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM8 Incoming call from PRI configuration

dan.letkeman
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction on how to get incoming calling work on UCM.  I have outgoing calling working, but i'm unsure on how to translate the incoming call from our PRI to a DN.

If I turn on debugging on the router I can see the incoming call show up, but all it does is ring.

Any quick examples or documentation would be great.

Thanks,

Dan.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

- Set the significant digits to 4, if the DNs are 4 digit extensions

- Create a new partiton, say PT_Xlate

- Copy the existing CSS to say, CSS_GW. Add PT_Xlate to the top of the list of partitions

- Create a Translation Pattern 1234 in PT_Xlate, and enter 4500 in the called number transform field

- The Translation pattern's CSS should have access to the DN 4500's partition

- Make sure that CSS_GW has access to the list of partitions of your DNs / CTI RPs / CTI Ports

- Sriram

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

srsivara
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
For incoming calls
- The Significant Digits needs to be set so that Callmanager can route the
call to the DN on CallManager. For example, if you have 4-digit extension
numbers for phones on Callmanager, you can set the Significant Digits to 4
- The 'Incoming Calling Search Space' on the GW needs to be set to a
value that has access to the partitions of the DNs / Route Patterns in case
call needs to be rerouted.

- Sriram

Ok, so in this case the number people call from the pstn is 555-1234 and the DN i want it to translate to is 4500.  So i need to set the significant digits to 7?

Then I can create a calling search space for incoming calls from the PRI and add the partitions for the phones I want to have the call forwarded to?

I think I read something about a translation pattern?

Dan.

- Set the significant digits to 4, if the DNs are 4 digit extensions

- Create a new partiton, say PT_Xlate

- Copy the existing CSS to say, CSS_GW. Add PT_Xlate to the top of the list of partitions

- Create a Translation Pattern 1234 in PT_Xlate, and enter 4500 in the called number transform field

- The Translation pattern's CSS should have access to the DN 4500's partition

- Make sure that CSS_GW has access to the list of partitions of your DNs / CTI RPs / CTI Ports

- Sriram

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: