Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CUCS v7.1 DRS issue

Good afternoon - I am running Unity Connection System version: 7.1.3.30000-1 (DRS), and my backups are failing. We are using the network to back this up, and it backed up 3 times succesfully 3 times then stopped. I have tried several different solutions to obtain a successful backup to no avail. In DRS, there is currently on one active back. I disable this option, then try to add a new connection. I use the following configuration:

Backup device name: Unity

Network Directory

Server name: 192.168.1.1 (my laptop)

Path name: /

Username: unitytest

Password: (blank)

Number of backups.....: 4

After I click save, I get the message "Update failed : Unable to access SFTP server or SFTP server too slow to respond.Please make sure the login credentials and path are correct."

On my laptop I am using FreeFTPd (cisco recommended). I have created the username unitytest with no password, the sftp root directory was left as default. I had a co-worker install an sftp program on his laptop, and with the same credentials used above he was able to read and write to the proper directory.

Is there a way to configure the Unity box from the CLI, or test from it? I can't think of anything else to do, unless it is trying to send from some strange port. I have FreeFTPd listening on port 22...

I am out of ideas, so any info is greatly appreciated. I am very, very reluctant to bounce this box as it has been 2 months since the last successfull backup. While researching this I found that CUCM v7.1 is having the same backup issues... so I do not have a good backup for Unity or Call Manager...

Thanks in advance!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: CUCS v7.1 DRS issue

First, put a password on your UnityTest account.

From there, I've found that CUC and/or CUCM rarely like "/".  Occassionally, you can get away with "./" (dot-slash) but it's best to specify the full path. So, if you're just using the default "home" for the SFTP user, your folder path would be something like:

/home/unitytest/

From there you enter the user name AND password for credentials.

Next, your initial failure for backups.  2 questions:

1) Is this a CUC cluster?

2) What is the error you received when the original backups failed?

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

2 REPLIES

First, put a password on your UnityTest account.

From there, I've found that CUC and/or CUCM rarely like "/".  Occassionally, you can get away with "./" (dot-slash) but it's best to specify the full path. So, if you're just using the default "home" for the SFTP user, your folder path would be something like:

/home/unitytest/

From there you enter the user name AND password for credentials.

Next, your initial failure for backups.  2 questions:

1) Is this a CUC cluster?

2) What is the error you received when the original backups failed?

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Thank you for the reply - There were some other issues but I have them ironed out now. It did not like the blank password for sure, and the home path was acting a bit funny. Thank you for your help!

Joel

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content