cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCS v7.1 DRS issue

Joel Fox
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon - I am running Unity Connection System version: 7.1.3.30000-1 (DRS), and my backups are failing. We are using the network to back this up, and it backed up 3 times succesfully 3 times then stopped. I have tried several different solutions to obtain a successful backup to no avail. In DRS, there is currently on one active back. I disable this option, then try to add a new connection. I use the following configuration:

Backup device name: Unity

Network Directory

Server name: 192.168.1.1 (my laptop)

Path name: /

Username: unitytest

Password: (blank)

Number of backups.....: 4

After I click save, I get the message "Update failed : Unable to access SFTP server or SFTP server too slow to respond.Please make sure the login credentials and path are correct."

On my laptop I am using FreeFTPd (cisco recommended). I have created the username unitytest with no password, the sftp root directory was left as default. I had a co-worker install an sftp program on his laptop, and with the same credentials used above he was able to read and write to the proper directory.

Is there a way to configure the Unity box from the CLI, or test from it? I can't think of anything else to do, unless it is trying to send from some strange port. I have FreeFTPd listening on port 22...

I am out of ideas, so any info is greatly appreciated. I am very, very reluctant to bounce this box as it has been 2 months since the last successfull backup. While researching this I found that CUCM v7.1 is having the same backup issues... so I do not have a good backup for Unity or Call Manager...

Thanks in advance!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

First, put a password on your UnityTest account.

From there, I've found that CUC and/or CUCM rarely like "/".  Occassionally, you can get away with "./" (dot-slash) but it's best to specify the full path. So, if you're just using the default "home" for the SFTP user, your folder path would be something like:

/home/unitytest/

From there you enter the user name AND password for credentials.

Next, your initial failure for backups.  2 questions:

1) Is this a CUC cluster?

2) What is the error you received when the original backups failed?

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

First, put a password on your UnityTest account.

From there, I've found that CUC and/or CUCM rarely like "/".  Occassionally, you can get away with "./" (dot-slash) but it's best to specify the full path. So, if you're just using the default "home" for the SFTP user, your folder path would be something like:

/home/unitytest/

From there you enter the user name AND password for credentials.

Next, your initial failure for backups.  2 questions:

1) Is this a CUC cluster?

2) What is the error you received when the original backups failed?

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Thank you for the reply - There were some other issues but I have them ironed out now. It did not like the blank password for sure, and the home path was acting a bit funny. Thank you for your help!

Joel