cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE 2.2: any legal way to localize VM menu?

dfokin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

All our users speak only russian.They are experiencing many problems while exploring their voice mailboxes, becauze VM menu isn't localized. There is no russian Langpack for CUE. Is there any legal way to localize VM menu?

Thank you!

6 Replies 6

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Currently there is no way to record custom prompts for voicemail in CUE. It is unfortunately not possible to localize the voicemail menu.

Well it shure should have. People in russia want to buy it and just can`t because of this.

Maby there is a way to make unity connection to speack russian? Its not so closed as CUE? Unity localisation fits to Unity Connection?

Unity, of course, supports Russian.

Connection 1.1 does not yet support Russian - here's a link to the language support for Connection:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6509/prod_installation_guide09186a00805e7e62.html#wp37614

Connection 1.2 (releasing soon) has more languages coming but it does not include Russian yet. Here?s the list:

Australian English (ENA)

Canadian French (FRC)

French (FRA)

German (DEU)

Japanese (JPN)

TTY English (ENX)

U.S. English (ENU)

UK English (ENG)

Mainland Mandarin (CHS)

Taiwan Mandarin(CHT)

Colombian Spanish(ESO)

Italian(ITA)

Arabic(ARA)

Dutch(NLD)

Swedish(SVE)

Also, it's important to note that there's a lot more to localizing a voice mail system (or any other TUI system) than just changing out the system prompts - Unity and Connection employ "phrase servers" to deal with different language constructions for each individual phrase used in the conversation - these .PS script files need to be edited and tested for each language in addition to generating separate prompt sets for each language. It's a lot more work than most people realize. Just opening up the ability for users to rerecord their own system prompts is a long way from sufficient for localization work. Just thought I'd note it.

oh, and the full list of languages for Unity can be found in the release notes - here's the link for 4.2(1):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_release_note09186a008061eb25.html#wp181258

Maby there is any info on when russian will appear in CUE and Unity Connection? So I could tell customers that they will get russian in some certain time.

I've had some experience in localizing Cisco Unity for Russian. I am investigating now the posiibility of the localization of CUE and all, what I can say for now -- the localization will void Cisco's warranty for CUE. The language packages for CUE are digitally signed and any unsigned package will not be installed.