cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE 3.2 Issues with Greetings

mumbles202
Level 5
Level 5

Looking at an older CUE that is integrated with CUCM(4.1).  Recently some users have had issues w/ their greetings.  All users are using the standard greeting, but for some users there is a noticeable delay before you hear the greeting.  So user 1 will ring the default 3 times, and then you immediately hear the standard greeting.  User 2, who is setup identically, will ring 3 times, then the ringing stops and you have about 10-12 seconds of dead air, then the greeting starts to play.  I've reviewed the settings for both the phones/lines in CUCM and the user and voicemail configuration in the CUE but haven't seen anything that stands out as a potential issue.  I sessioned into the CUE and did a show tech-support but didn't notice anything that stood out as an issue. 

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the config part is the same and has been compared then the next step would be to take a packet capture for both scenarios ( from the phone that works fine and the one that is experiencing the issue ) , corresponding CUCM capture will also show if there is any difference in signaling in the two cases ( you can filter with the Ip addr of the CUE ).

HTH

Manish

Thanks.  I got captures from the phones but did wasn't able to get it from the CUCM.  I'll try to schedule that again today.