cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE auto-attendant default script "menu" step and # digit

jtoque
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, i encounter a problem when trying to use AA with default script in CUE 8.6(1).

I have configured an Auto Attendant with the default script allowing the use of a few steps like playing a welcome prompt, using a menu, etc.

I attach the screenshot of the configuration page.

The problem i have is that even if i do not specify any action in the default "menu" step, CUE is waiting for the caller to press the # key to go forward to the final step (which is direct transfer to a user's voicemail box).

Is there a way (ccn application parameter, others...) allowing the caller to reach the final voicemail box without hearing Unity Express telling "Are you still there ?" (waiting for the # key to be pressed).

I also tried with my own-defined script playing the prompt and transfering the call to a cucm device with a specific voicemail box mask allowing direct calls to VM. But in this way, even if the direct VM calls are working, CUE is getting a reorder tone...

Thanks for any help.

Julien.

5 Replies 5

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately the auto attendant Editor Express script is meant designed to be used with multiple menu choices that the caller should select.  It defaults to repeating 3 times before going to the next (goodbye) action.

You can do this same thing with a basic script that simply

1) Accepts the call

2) Plays the prompt

3) transfers to the mailbox

After uploading to CUE, you can specify the prompt to play and the mailbox to send the call to after playing the greeting.

Hi Markus. Thanks a lot i did not think about this subflow !

I have a warning when associating the script to the application: "Warning: Application created successfully, but might not be fully functional due to internal errors"

And application is not working... Traces on CUE showing:

28375 03/01 10:24:06.463 ACCN APMG 0 UNABLE_INVOKE_APP:Unable to invoke application: Application=App[name=fermeture,type=Cisco Script Application,id=6,desc=fermeture,enabled=true,max=4,valid=false,cfg=[ApplicationConfig[,name=fermeture,id=6,type=Cisco Script Application.description=fermeture,enabled=true,sessions=4,script=SCRIPT[playgreetingxfermbx.aef],access=4,privilege=1,script=SCRIPT[playgreetingxfermbx.aef]]]],Exception=com.cisco.app.InvalidApplicationException: failed to load script; nested exception is:

com.cisco.script.InvalidScriptException: invalid script: playgreetingxfermbx.aef; error in Play Prompt is: Play Prompt: Invalid Prompt: com.cisco.expression.EmptyExpressionException: no formula entered (line: 1, col: 1); nested exception is:

com.cisco.expression.EmptyExpressionException: no formula entered (line: 1, col: 1); nested exception is:

com.cisco.wfapi.WFInvalidWorkflowException: invalid script: playgreetingxfermbx.aef; error in Play Prompt is: Play Prompt: Invalid Prompt: com.cisco.expression.EmptyExpressionException: no formula entered (line: 1, col: 1); nested exception is:

com.cisco.expression.EmptyExpressionException: no formula entered (line: 1, col: 1)

Any idea ?

Thanks a lot, Julien.

Just playing this prompt in another test script is working correctly... Something related to the subflow ?

Julien.

My apologies... I accidentally sent a script that didn't specify the prompt to play.  Should work with this.

Thanks Markus, unfortunately i already fixed this mistake before implementing the script...

I have no idea...

Julien.