cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE call flow

chrisb
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to find documenatation which explains the depth to which CUE provides call flow capabilities. Specifically, can CUE perform watered-down AA. For example, answer call for main number with options for the caller to select 1 for directions, 2 for hours, 3 leave a message for Operator. Then from there, if 1 for directions is selected, play greeting with no option to leave message.

I know this is CUE and I'm thinking it's not meant to do this type of stuff, but I can't find anything to the contrary. Thanks.

6 Replies 6

milucero
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This feature is not currently available for CUE, it will not recognize "caller input" like the full version of Unity.

Mike

Is there any documentation which explains what AA-type features are available with CUE?

Does your response indicate that during a VM session, that only a few 'fixed' buttons on the phone will allow the caller to review message, or maybe even re-record the message?

The entire call flow for AA (and vmail subscribers for that matter) is fixed. The only thing you can change is the top-level recording. The next version of CUE will support MUCH more customization since it will allow you to build your own AA flow using a CRA workflow editor. It won't support all the steps available in CRA, but the call handling types of steps will be there for sure.

Thanks for the update.

I am using CUE 1.1.1. Can I not use the CUE script editor to change the AA call flow ? Were you guys talking about CUE 1.0.1 ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Yes. CUE 1.1.1 is the first release to support creation of your own scripts. Release 1.1.1 will allow you to up load up to 4 custom scripts with up to 5 active at once (including the default AA). There are other reasons to upgrade to 1.1.1 as well, including a more robust file system.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: