cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE Fails to Upload scripts

dvigna
Level 1
Level 1

I have a fresh install of CUE that is refusing to upload scripts. I can upload prompts but scripts fail.

I have tried uploading some of the Cisco sample CUE scripts, the sample script that comes with the CUE Editor application, a script with a start, annotate, and end step. All fail.

Does any one know the reason why?

8 Replies 8

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you getting an error? What version of CUE are you using? It's possible you're running into CSCeh60198, in which the script upload via the GUI fails due to some corruption. Fixed in CUE2.1.1 and later. In that case, you can still upload the script via the CLI, but not the GUI. Then there's one other issue, CSCeg37049, which occurs (I know this isn't much help) very infrequently. The only known workaround is to reboot the CUE. There were some fixes put into CUE 2.0.2 and 2.1.2 which may alleviate the problem, but since the problem was/is not readily reproducible, we're uncertain whether we've found all causes of this issue.

Rebooting my CUE module solved my problem. I am using CUE 2.1.2, Uploads from the GUI and CLI failed consistently until I did this.

Were you getting an error "Script refresh failed"? This has been a difficult issue to track down, so I want to make sure we have the same symptom in 2.1.2.

Hello marschne, I'm having the same problem, I know this has been almost year old but I was wondering did you fix the problem? See I have incountered the same error when I uploaded and tried to refrsh a script on our IPCC on the web GUI in the "Manage Scripts" page. the error read "Refresh failed.Please check if the engine is running". I have check this and the engine is working. but the funny thing is the script did in fact load on the "Manage Script" page but it is "Not Available" in the "Last Modified" colume. So i'm just looking for way to fix this, any Ideas? Please contact me Thank You.

These are two different things. There's lots of reasons you might get that error. I'm familiar only with the issues in particluar Unity Express versions, not IPCC. You'd probably need to talk to someone who supports that product directly.

Hello Marschne,

Error I am getting is "Script failed to upload : Bad Script or Internal Error". Doesn't matter whether I use GUI or CLI. I have tried to upload both my scripts and demo scripts which comes with CUE.

Whereas I can upload & download prompt files without any problem. This is a fresh install of CME/CUE. Cue- 2.3

I have reloaded CUE but it doesn't do any good...can you suggest anything

Thanks

Is the script acutally OK? I.e. from the CUE2.3 script editor, if you go to Tools>Validate, does that work? It sounds like these scripts might just be corrupted; i.e. maybe they were transferred at some point in a non-binary format or something.

I ran into the same issue with CUE 2.1.

I moved the folder to the root of the pc c:\

c:\cuescripts, and started to work again. By the way I upgraded and reconfigured CUE and did not work until I move the script to the root of c:\ in my pc.

hth

Armando