cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE - Gain control?

chriss
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer running CUE. When the customer calls in from the outside to listen to messages the volume of the prompts is fine but the messages are too quiet. Is there a way to crank up the gain on the voicemail recordings in CUE?

2 Replies 2

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

Have you tried to adjust the input gain on the voice port the call comes in? That will dictate the volume of the recorded call. Are they having issues hearing outside callers on the IP Phone side?

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUE doesn't have any volume adjustment parameters. If the messages are too quiet, I would check if it is only from messages from the PSTN or also from IP phones (I expect only external callers). In that case, it would be the external trunks (FXO, PRI, whatever) which might need to be bumped up a bit. This can be done by adding a positive-valued 'input gain'on the voice port. You want to be conservative about this (I'd do no more than about 3) otherwise you might introduce echo.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: