Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUE Upgrade timeframe

Hello all,

I have recently 'inherited' a CME/CUE system. Specifically, We are running CME 3.3, AIM-CUE 2.1.1 on a 2821 running 12.3(14)T2.

I would like to upgrade to 2.1.3 to resolve a bug that causes CUE to report it is full when it is not.

However, I have never worked with CME or CUE before. I've read all of the documentation and I understand the backup and upgrade procedures, but I am looking for some information about how long the process might take. I may have to perform the backup and upgrade at separate times, depending on how long each takes. (I will not be local to the device.)

Additionally, I would appreciate information regarding potential pitfalls in the upgrade process, anything I need to keep an eye out for.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2 REPLIES

Re: CUE Upgrade timeframe

I couldnt find much reference on 2.11 to 2.13 upgrade, but i am sure the same method should follow for this upgrade..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_tech_note09186a00803c0a1a.shtml

Its a fairly longer process if its the first time you are doing this. I would suggest you read through the entire link and familiarize yourself with all the steps. It took a good 2-3 hours for me to read through the entire link and perform the upgrade. Remember that I didnt have any data to backup, as it was a new CUE module out of the box. So you may have to factor in the time required to set up the ftp server and back up the data (which is variable, depends on the amount of data to be backed up)

HTH

PS: Please remember to rate helpful posts!

Cisco Employee

Re: CUE Upgrade timeframe

Since you're already running 2.1.1, you will need an FTP server (for backup and installation files). Start with the backup (if needed).

Once that's done, on CUE, go to config mode ("config t") and configure "software download server url ftp://10.1.1.4/2.2.1/ username george password

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content