Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CUE VM Recording Issues

I have CCM 4.2.3 integrated with CUE 2.3. The problem is intermittently when an external caller leaves a message, the recorded message is being cut off. The actual recording length also varies. Sometimes the VM box will take the entire recording, sometimes it will only take 30 seconds, and others only 5 seconds, it varies. I can watch the actual recording time go into the VM box through the GUI and it can be clearly seen that the message has been cut short even though the caller never notices a break or the call is dropped.

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: CUE VM Recording Issues

It sounds like silence suppression / VAD is enabled going to CUE. It should be turned off. CUE will not be able to handle VAD packets and will stop recording. You can test that by leaving a message and see if it always works if you have constant audio (no pauses at all), versus something where you say something, then have a few second pause (total silence) and see if you hear CUE go to its after message conversation.

I looked into the VAD, but it doesn't seem to be the issue. I looked at the configs, and saw that the "no VAD" command was issued on the inbound dial-peer. I also tested the recording by adding a 5 second pause in the middle of my message, and the entire message was recorded successfully.

Cisco Employee

Are you sure the calls are all coming in from the same gateway/source? Also, if this is an H323 gateway that the call is coming from it would be the voip dial-peer pointing to CCM that would need vad disabled. Otherwise, we'd need ot look at a trace from CUE to see what's going on. If it's reasonably reproducible, do a 'clear trace', place a call that has the failure, then do a 'show trace buffer long' (if the call is fine, start over with the 'clear trace'). If it's very intermittent, we'd need to grab the atrace.log /atrace.log.prev, would need to konw the exact CUE version ('sho softw version') and would need some idea what time the message was left. That would probably need to involve a TAC case since it's a bit more involved.

Hi,

The VAD feature is by default on the dial-peer. So, you must put the command " no vad"

Regards

Cristian

I have the same problem with one slight difference. Proven that the calls from a gateway (H.323 in this case) work fine. The calls however from an internal SCCP phone are cut-off depending upon the pace and volume of the caller. This is also noticed when making recording for the outgoing messages or prompts. I have a TAC case open that is now DE pending for three weeks. The explanation is that CUE is receiving a VAD packet that it can not handle although ALL VAD is turned off in CCM. Turn-up logging in CUE and record a message. You can see CUE blow up some Java issues. The bug is http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCsh21733

I suggested to TAC that if CUE is receiving a VAD packet is there maybe something wrong with CCM 4.2.3 instead of the problem existing on CUE. It might be the problem exists on both sides. CCM should not be sending the VAD packet, and CUE should not blow up.

Views
Helpful
Replies