Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE voicemail ONLY stops working

rhugo
Level 3
Level 3

I have a Cisco 2811 equipped with the NM CUE SW v. 2.1.1

I have about 25 users on this system and have it configured to use AA and voicemail. I have enclosed the config of the router and the CUE. Here is the problem:

this morning the customer complained that none of the users could get to thier voicemail. The inbound number goes to AA just fine and all the script steps work, its just when someone presses the mail icon from a phone, it is just SILENT! (no fast-busy or anything) I telnet to the CUE mod and reload it, wait and test the voicemail from a phone and am allowed in......only, after about 5 minutes the VM prompts respond SLOWER and SLOWER....then finally NOTHING! my VM pilot is 50 and the CME version is 3.2.1

IOS is 12.3(11)XL C2800NM-SPSERVICESK9-M

PLEASE HELP!

I am getting close to having to open a TAC case on this...

2 Replies 2

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This will definitely be easier to work real-time through a TAC case. What you need to get is the atrace.log and messages.log from the CUE module. If this is an AIM, you need to enable the logging first.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_tech_note09186a0080250d90.shtml

You may also want to do a 'debug ccsip message' from the router. It almost sounds like some sort of a resource problem (CPU/memory/disk) on the CUE side, but we'll have to take a look at the logs to be sure. This definitely isn't a behavior I've heard of before.

I FIGURED IT OUT!

It seems that for this router (2811) it was ordered as a 36 user voice bundle, which has the PVDM2-16 installed by default. Therefore it will only has a capacity of 8 ports. these 8 ports are shared between AA, VM, and Prompt Management. Lately, this customer's inbound call traffic has SPIKED, causing ALL of the ports to be occupied by the AA. Therefore, since there are only 8 ports, the 9th call NEVER gets treated and, when staff try to check their VM, there are NO ports available to service the request and all they hear is SILENCE......I'm guessing adding another PVDM2-16 would double the port capacity and stretch the limits a bit.....