Views
Helpful
Replies

CUEAC main service - Attendant Console Server cannot start

erickwok19
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

We have tried to integrate the CUEAC with version 8.6.1 to CUCM with version 8.5.

The customer provide us a windows server 2003 R2 SP2 which used to install the CUEAC. The installation run smooth with no errors, however, after the installation, we found that the main service Attendant Console Server cannot start.

The service keep trying to initiate but never succeed. This service cannot start which means we cannot configure anything to function. After the failure, we install another windows 2003 standard edition and all the stuff working fine.

So my question is, is that any policy or windows update patch will cause the issue? As the one works fine have no patch and no policy define at all, but the one provided by the customer need to apply policy, anti-virus and windows patch. The point is we need to use the OS provide by the customer instead of install by ourselves. Any advice?

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Siu,

Is this requirement in place?

Windows Server 2003 R1 or R2 with SP2 running Windows English Regional settings; Windows Server 2008 R1 is also supported.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps7046/ps7282/data_sheet_c78-520987.html

Cheers!

Rob

Please remember to tag your threads and help support "Teachers without Borders"

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/idea-center/communityhelpingcommunity

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply. I think I need to verify the regional settings.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Rob,

I have confirmed that we are using English (United States) in Regional Settings.

And in the non-unicode part, customer set the English (United Kingdom) settings.

I think the setting should fulfill Cisco requirement. Attached are screen capture from the windows servers.

Regards,

Siu Kai

Anti Virus or Windows patches should not cause this to happen..

I would suggest a case with TAC should be raised to traces can be investigated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: