cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUOM 2.2 install error

rgomes
Level 1
Level 1

I'm upgrading CUOM 2.1 to CUOM 2.2. The install program gets error on looking for License Path and DNS not OK.

But both are OK. Researching on the install log file (attached) I got the offending command. I'ts a command line that captures the environment that is getting trouble with the output path that contains blanks. On the CUOM 2.1 install program there was a similar but not equal cmd line that not suffered this problem.

The offendind line is:

INFO: action AppendEnvToLog, begins at 16:03:28

INFO: Going to execute the command: set > C:\DOCUME~1\mgmtadmin\Local Settings\Temp\1\{FED5DC44-E443-4E8D-B9A6-F0FFB98E11E5}\{11B8350D-559C-45BE-8EDC-A7B2DA265F7F}\envappend.log 2> C:\DOCUME~1\mgmtadmin\Local Settings\Temp\1\{FED5DC44-E443-4E8D-B9A6-F0FFB98E11E5}\{11B8350D-559C-45BE-8EDC-A7B2DA265F7F}\envappend.err

-----Adding Environment variables to the log

file not found

I run by hand the line above completing the abreviated directory names and quoting the paths and the cmd runs OK.

Could not locate the source to try to quote the commands.

Any help is appreciated

1 Reply 1

rgomes
Level 1
Level 1

Problem solved. I have changed the Windows 2003 Environment Variables TEMP and TMP of the user running the CUOM 2.2 install program to point to a temp directory on the C: drive. In this way the path does not contain blanks and the install program does not get the error.

The configuration is done on Control Panel->System->Advanced->Environment Variables. I also gave full control for the user running the installation over the C:\Temp directory.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: