cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUOM and Service Monitor

bill-mcgowan
Level 1
Level 1

Unified Operations Manager 2.0.1 has an option on the "Monitoring Dashboard" view to "Launch Service Monitor"

This just seems to launch the internal service monitor (which would be installed on the CUOM server during the CUom installation - we didnt licence the internal installation)

Since we installed Service Monitor on a seperate server per installation requirements for a large deployment we wanted to have have the option on the Monitoring Dashboard view launch our external Service Monitor.

Has anybody been successful in accomplishing this?

thanks

16 Replies 16

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Bill,

I've seen this done, by modifying the web page.

It is a Javascript.. file is dashboards.jsp

You can put your own link.

It would be broken by upgrades etc, you would need to repeat the process after an upgrade.

Note: this is probably not Cisco supported. Maybe they have another method.

Cheers,

Tim.

Thanks a lot Tim - I'll look for the dashboards.jsp file to modify it.

Hi Bill,

I have the same problem.

Could you please tell me the line code you had inserted into dashboards.jsp to modify the launchSM() url?

I found the dashboards.jsp into this path

NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\uii.

Thanks in advance!

Leonardo

Leonardo,

I've decided not to make any modifications to the code at this time, but I might in the future. We are still in the process of deploying Service Monitor and I want to wait till we know its working properly before modifying any code.

If you are successful in making the mod I'd also be interested in what you added.

Thanks

Bill

now i already can register the sensor to the service monitor, thanks everybody.

regards

afdilah

Hi Bill,

you have to modofy the line near to 2440 in NMSROOT\CSCOpx\MDC\tomcat\webapps\triveni\WEB-INF\screens\defaults\dashboards.jsp script:

href="javascript: launchSM();"

as is, with your url:

href="https://ccm-cusm/qovr/goHome.do" target=_blank

It's work fine ;)

PS: I have also configured the CUOM as SSO master. In this case no login is required for CUSM.

Hope this help.

Leonardo

Thanks Leonardo - much appreciated.

Bill

You would think this would be a bug, you shouldn't have to edit dashboards.jsp to add a link to external Service Monitor from home page.

This issue has already been filed as the bug CSCsg70937. It will be fixed in CUOM 2.1 which is due out November 8th pending testing.

afdil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have a problem with service monitor.

my service monitor cannot recognize cisco 1040 sensor.

i already upload config file and software image for the sensor 1040 to TFTP server/CUCM.

my topology is

sensor(192.168.206.202) ---> TFTP/CUCM (192.168.206.11) ----> Service Monitor (192.168.253.146)

sensor information status said that

not communication with receiver.

and service monitor address is empty.

please need your advice.

regards

afdilah

well, first question is - did you configure the DHCP option 150 for 192.168.206.0 network to point to the cucm server?

can you ping the sensor 192.168.206.202 ?

yes i already config DHCP option 150,

sensor already got ip address 192.168.206.202

http://192.168.206.202

current service monitor: --

tftp server :192.168.206.11

http://192.168.206.202/Communication

'unable to retrieve 'QOVDefault.CNF' from 192.168.206.11

i already upload the file

QOVDefault.CNF, QOV001120FFF548.CNF,QOV001120FFF4F0.CNF and SvcMonAA2_40.img to TFTP server 192.168.206.11

from service monitor :

configuration- sensor- management

i already add the sensor name and MAC address

but the registration status is 'waiting'

that the information i can give.

regards

afdilah

So its obtaining the boot image SvcMonAA2_40.img from the tftp server??

but not the cnf config file?

IF thats the case I think the CNF file is corrupt. I seem to remember having to create the CNF file on the tftp server instead of copying it over.

Its just a notepad file with the extension CNF I believe and we cut / pasted the info in the original cnf to the new cnf (notepad file)on the tftp server.

the information on config file is like this :

Receiver=192.168.253.146;;

ID=A000

Image=SvcMonAA2_40.img

LastUpdated=4_17_2008-1_31_45.46

CDPGlobalRunState=true

SyslogPort=UDP:5666

SkinnyPort=TCP:2000

the problem is service monitor cannot register the sensor. and the sensor cannot download config file and Image file from TFTP server.

any suggesstion for this issue?

regards

afdilah

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: