Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CUP 8.6 Disable HA

hi, i have enabled HA on cup 8.6 , how do you disable it - can't just untick the enable HA , do i need to stop services ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

CUP 8.6 Disable HA

Hi,

To turn off High Availability for the sublcluster, uncheck Enable High Availability.

You can only turn off High Availability when the nodes in the subcluster are not in a transition state (Failing Over, Falling Back). If you turn off High Availability in a subcluster when either node is in a failed over scenario (Failed Over, Failed), users that Cisco Unified Presence fails over to the backup node are homed to the backup node. Cisco Unified Presence will not move these users back to the primary node, they remain on the secondary node.

Check the deployment guide for more details

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_6/english/install_upgrade/deployment/guide/dgcupc.html#wpxref72693

HTH

Manish

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

CUP 8.6 Disable HA

Hi,

To turn off High Availability for the sublcluster, uncheck Enable High Availability.

You can only turn off High Availability when the nodes in the subcluster are not in a transition state (Failing Over, Falling Back). If you turn off High Availability in a subcluster when either node is in a failed over scenario (Failed Over, Failed), users that Cisco Unified Presence fails over to the backup node are homed to the backup node. Cisco Unified Presence will not move these users back to the primary node, they remain on the secondary node.

Check the deployment guide for more details

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_6/english/install_upgrade/deployment/guide/dgcupc.html#wpxref72693

HTH

Manish

Re: CUP 8.6 Disable HA

Manish

thanks for input - the server's were in a transition state and was taking hours to get back to a stable state so i had to take of the HA (did'nt have time to investigate why - will try again within a maintainance window). The tick box was greyed out. Stopped the 'server recovery manager' service and then it allowed me to untick the HA and all was stable again after that (albeit without HA)....Jaginder

Views
Helpful
Replies