cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUP LDAP search string

mikeduffy13
Level 1
Level 1

So I am wondering if there is a way I can set a search string on my CUP server to filter out accounts that I don't want to show up in the CUPC directory.  We have a lot of admin accounts, distribution groups, etc that all show up.  I only want accounts with actual mail address to show up.  This is what I have right now for my LDAP Profile Configuration:

Bind Distinguished Name (DN) - CN=SRVUCLOOKUPAD,OU=Service Accounts,DC=NMDP,DC=ORG

Search Context - DC=NMDP,DC=ORG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You could.  All you need to do is to use # sign to separate different OUs.  For example, set the search base to the following:

OU=Sales,DC=acme,DC=com#OU=Support,DC=acme,DC=com

This is supported on CUPC 7.0.2 and above.

You may find more details on http://www.lulu.com/content/5552336.

Michael

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Your searches bind to AD with a specific username, so you could just deny read access to the OUs you want to filter out to that SRVUCLOOKUPAD account.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

So outside of a permissions change, is there anything that would work?

They way our AD environment is setup, that would be pretty messy...

Hi

Probably not.

You can filter based on perms, and can filter based on Base OU.

I'm not aware of a way to change the stock filters...

If your AD is really not set up to allow neat searches it might want a rethink...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Understood.  I guess what I was trying to get at is whether or not you can specify multiple OU's in the Search Context?  But it sounds like you are saying that isn't possible either?

Hi

Not as far as I'm aware - you assign one search base to a profile, and one profile to each user... so there's nowhere to add multiples.

The online help for the page confirms this.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

You could.  All you need to do is to use # sign to separate different OUs.  For example, set the search base to the following:

OU=Sales,DC=acme,DC=com#OU=Support,DC=acme,DC=com

This is supported on CUPC 7.0.2 and above.

You may find more details on http://www.lulu.com/content/5552336.

Michael

Hi Micheal

I stand corrected

More stunningly concise and up to date documentation for this product from Cisco sigh..

+5

Aaron

Great!  This worked perfectly.  Thanks Michael!

Hi Michael,

Is it possible to use in the same time "#" and a LDAP filter in CUP8?

I have multiple OU to search into, so I use # to separate the ldap paths.

I would like to use a LDAP filter to discard computer object from AD: ";&(!objectClass=computer)".

When I use one of them, it works great, but when I try to use both tricks in the LDAP search context value, the LDAP search does not work anymore (the second LDAP path is ignored):

OU=Users1,DC=company,DC=local#OU=Users2,DC=company,DC=local;&(!objectClass=computer)

Is there a trick or a known limitation to do so?

Thank you for your help.

Yorick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: