Views
Helpful
Replies

CUP server not seeing "licensed CUP users"

ahab
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am migrating from a CCM4.2/Unity4 environment to a CUCM6.1/Unity5/CUP6 environment. I have gotten my CUCMs online along with my CUP server. I have followed the deployment guide along with the installation guide for CUPs but one problem is defeating me. I cannot see any users in CUPs. The troubleshooting tool under "sync agent, verify that sync agent has sync'd" shows a warning. It shows my user and device count as accurate but says my "licensed CUP users = 0". I am assuming that this is why I cannot see any users under user settings for CUPC and I cannot get a CUPC client to authenticate against the CUP server. I have all license files loaded I believe (TAC is following up on that part), I have a user assigned the licenses on CUCM . Server is setup on the CUCM, SIP trunk is there, AXL user is cool....

I am stuck, hopefully I have missed something easy. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Adam

9 Replies 9

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If your AXL account password has any special characters, it will not work. make the password something easy and try again. Your sync agent is tied to AXL, so check all your AXL settings for sure.

You also need to give the capabilities to the end users in CUCM from the Systems, licensings. Then check the two boxes. But if you are getting error on the troubleshooter regarding AXL, it's an account issue and or permissions of the AXL account in CUCM.

I have set my AXL to numeric only, also both boxes are checked on CUCM. I was wondering if AXL was the issue or not, due to CUP seeing the user and device count.

I have run back through AXL setup but cant find anything off... I may just start all of the AXL stuff over again next...

Thanks, keep em coming! Adam

Yeah, that sync agent is not running correct for some reason. This is how the info comes over from CUCM. I would restart Presence completely.

Alright, save me a headache, how can I reboot from website? Or must I do it from the console?

Cant do it from the website. Download a program called putty.exe. Its an ssh shell (like telnet).

You can then ssh into the linux OS (like at the console) then run the utils/system/restart

I have CRT, didnt realizze I could use ssh2,that rocks, thanks!

Trying a reboot now...

Ok so a restart of boxes, reset passwords on axl, etc.

Still being told the "Licensed CUP users: 0"

Again, I appreciate the assistance.

Have you gone in on CUCM and activated the users for capabilities for CUPS?

System

Licensing

Capabilities assignment

Find the names, check mark the boxes. They should show up in Cupc then

sshams007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Adam,

Please check for the Presence services as well in case you havent .

Also try restarting all the Presence services from the serviceability page of Presence.

Regards,

Shams

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: