cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cup view access only

AskQ2Forum_2
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to create a view only application user for CUP. - customer wants view access to admin page on cup. I created a new group and assigned a role of 'ccmadmin view' . I assigned the group to a new application user -  I try and login but it does not present me with the admin pages - it just takes me back to the web login page. If i login with the wrong password it states wrong username or password but as i said if i login correctly then it just presents me back to the admin page with the blank username and login page.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Ah - I see what you mean. I just labbed this. Looks like someone at Cisco has done a wonderful job of testing this.

If you've ever done this in CCM, you'll know you normally add the custom user group to the 'Standard CCM Admin Users' role that grants access to ccmadmin, and then give read/update privileges by creating another role.

Unfortunately with CUPS, you don't see that role in order to be able to add it.

So:

Go into User Groups, click on Standard CUP Super Users.

Click 'Copy', and call the new copy Standard CUP Read Only Users or whatever you like

Select 'Assign roles to user group' from the drop down

Remove 'Standard CCMAdmin Administration' but LEAVE 'Standard CCM Admin Users' there.

Add the 'ReadOnly' role you created or the 'Standard CCMAdmin Read Only' role listed as for 'Presence Administration' to the group

Save it

Assign your app user to the group.

That must be worth more than three stars? :-)

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You probably need to grant the rights to an End User account.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hey Aaron,

thanks for the reply, much appreciated. Looks like I can assign it to an app user, I can't see how to assign that role to an end user.

J

Hi

Ah - I see what you mean. I just labbed this. Looks like someone at Cisco has done a wonderful job of testing this.

If you've ever done this in CCM, you'll know you normally add the custom user group to the 'Standard CCM Admin Users' role that grants access to ccmadmin, and then give read/update privileges by creating another role.

Unfortunately with CUPS, you don't see that role in order to be able to add it.

So:

Go into User Groups, click on Standard CUP Super Users.

Click 'Copy', and call the new copy Standard CUP Read Only Users or whatever you like

Select 'Assign roles to user group' from the drop down

Remove 'Standard CCMAdmin Administration' but LEAVE 'Standard CCM Admin Users' there.

Add the 'ReadOnly' role you created or the 'Standard CCMAdmin Read Only' role listed as for 'Presence Administration' to the group

Save it

Assign your app user to the group.

That must be worth more than three stars? :-)

Regards

Aaron

Aaron,

thank you SOOOO much for this!

(that 3 star trick always works!)    :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: