if I use dekphone and lift the handset then I get a status change of 'on the phone' - however if in softphone mode if I make a call my status does not change - remains 'available'.
I have credentials, sip proxy domain correct, softphone is associated with user - any advise appreciated?
The user must be associated to the line appearance on the soft phone in addition to the soft phone being associated to the end user. Edit the line appearance on the soft phone and associate the user at the bottom of the page.
I still have issues with this - any suggestions please post ?
Using deskphone mode shows user status as 'on the phone', but using softphone status it still just shows as 'available'
1) Go to CUCM > Device > Phone, find the soft phone.
2) On left-hand side, click on the directory number
3) Take screenshots of the whole page (from top to bottom)
4) Upload screenshots here.
Then the last resort is to look at "Cisco CallManager" traces.
1) On CUCM, set "Cisco CallManager" trace level to "detailed".
2) Use CUPC soft phone to make a test call. Make sure the call was connected.
3) Upload "Cisco CallManager" traces here.
4) Let me know the caller number, dialed number, approximate time of call, user ID of the softphone.
Per the logs, the call was on 21:33:48. Was that right?
21:33:48.236 |//SIP/SIPUdp/wait_UdpDataInd: Incoming SIP UDP message size 931 from 10.44.13.110::
INVITE sip:firstname.lastname@example.org SIP/2.0
The call was connected at 21:33:58.
21:33:58.289 |//SIP/SIPUdp/wait_SdlSPISignal: Outgoing SIP UDP message to 10.44.13.110::
SIP/2.0 200 OK
But I don't see any PUBLISH SIP messages being sent by CUCM.
CUPS won't be able to update phone presence without the PUBLISH SIP being sent by CUCM.
Try the following:
1) Reset SIP trunk between CUCM and CUPS
2) Restart Presence Engine on CUPS.
If that didn't work, you need to open a CUCM case, not a CUPS case.
Reset and Restart did not work - same issue. Deskphone status updates ok though - process is different is it ? Will update with TAC fix.
Thanks for your help...J