Helpful
Replies

CUPC 7.0 and E164 dialing

f.giordano
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Anyone know something about that ?

I'm unable to proceed to call beginning with +XXXXXXXXX. We have CUCM 7.0 and CUPS 7.0. + dialing is working from speeddial on the phone but not from CUPC.

Any help would be greatly aprrecitaed

Thx

Fabian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

did you add in an application dial rule for this? If you are dialing from Outlook with +, that is an application dial rule.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

did you add in an application dial rule for this? If you are dialing from Outlook with +, that is an application dial rule.

Do I have to create one application rule for that so ?

Fabian

Anything for outlook, you have to. so in outlook contacts, you have an e164 contact with +xxxxxx you need to strip the plus, prepend a 9 if your RPs are 9 to pstn.

Where are trying to dial from on CUPC?

When I try from Outlook with CUPC ToolBar, it launch the call on CUPC then to my desktop but I see 'Bad number' on the Cupc Window.

When I try directly from the CUPC contact list (external contact), it's the same behaviour.

I just tried to add an application dial rule. Doesn't work, or I miss something maybe. Could u have a look at the screenshot please.

Thx

Fabian

It takes awhile for it to work. The application rule gets updated on the CUPS server. Give it time to sync over to the server. You can try and restart the CUPS services. I think AXL or DirSync will push/pull it over.

Ok.Let me restart the service manually.

Thx

Fabian

To see if the ADR (application dial rules) are updated on CUPS, use the command line below (on CUPS):

run sql select * from applicationdialrule

To force a synchronization, restart "Cisco UP SyncAgent"

Michael

http://www.lulu.com/content/5552336

Thx guys.

It works fine now.

Regards

Fabian

Drove me nuts when i was testing it. decided to leave it, then came back it worked. Found out that it actually syncs in the background to CUPS at some point.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: