Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC 7.0 doesn't connect to Unity Connection 7.0

f.giordano
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I try to configure the CUPC client to retrieve voice message from Unity Connection 7.0, but it doesn't work. I have a message in the Server Health "Failed to connect - Invalid credentials or account locked". It works with Unity 5.0 with the same account. Is there anything to change regarding the port configuration ? (443 with https by default)

Thx for help

Fabian

9 Replies 9

f.giordano
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone an idea ?

Thx

Fabian

How do you have your mailstore configuration setup? Should connect to the mailstore via IMAP.

Hope this helps.

Jason

Works fine.

Thank you

Fabian

Fabian,

What was your resolution? Your post may be helpful to someone that is having the same problem and if you post your resolution it will possibly help them out.

Thanks,

Jason

Yep.

Simply define Unity Connection as mailstore and connect to port 143 with TCP (IMAP).

That's all.

Version tested : Unity Connection 7, CUPS 7.

Fabian

Fabian,

Can you list the steps you did? I'm new to CUPS and not sure how you did it. Thanks.

Hi,

1 Create Voicemail Server: Choose Unity connection, port:7993, Web service protocol : HTTPS

2 Create Mailstore: Enter Ip Address of Unity Connection, Choose 143 for port and TCP for protocol type

3 Create Voicemail Profile: Select the previous Voicemail Server and mailstore configured before. Enter the number you dial to reach the VoiceMail in the Voice Messaging Pilot.

4 Assign all the desired user to this profile.

Fabian

I figured it out, we didn't have IMAP4 service turned on. Once it was turned on my UPC client authenticated and my Server Health status is all green!! Thanks.

pmchandler
Level 1
Level 1

Although not the solution to the original problem, its worth noting that if you get an error message "Failed to connect - Invalid credentials or account locked", it can be caused by using the wrong credentials. You need to use your Active Directory username and password, not your Voicemail / CCM User ID or your Voicemail PIN or CCM User password.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: