cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC 7.0: presence status: disconnecting (pending retry)

panjwani80
Level 5
Level 5

i have setup a CUPC/CUPS 7.0 in a lab environment, when i login to CUPC everything works great except presence. show server health shows presence: disconnecting (pending retry)

any ideas please?

11 Replies 11

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Go to CUPS > System > Securing > Incoming ACL. Add an ACL with the following information:

Description: All

Address Pattern: All

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

thanks Michael it works great once i followed your instructions!

i have one quick question for you though, on my CUPC at the bottom it says "Connected (Limited)" as opposed to just "Connected". Can you advise how to fix this?

by the way i bought your book last week it is pretty awesome, keep up the good work :)

Many Thanks!

"Limited" means some features are not enabled. You may go to CUPC > Help > Show Server Health to take a look.

Michael

Thanks Michael, it makes sense because i haven't configured LDAP, web conferencing etc.

cheers

Hello, I have a similar problem. For one of my end users. When I display the Show Health. Everything is green check mark excep the Presence which is RED and say connecting retry. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate.

As Michael stated above, it is most likely fixed by adding an Incoming ACL with "All" in both fields. If it's not that, you're PC or CUPC client cannot resolve the DNS name for Presence. GO to System --> Cluster Topology and see what hostname your Presence server is using to reply to SIP requests. Take that hostname and try to ping the hostname.

If DNS is your issue, you can change the Presence Server name under topology to the IP address, just make sure to restart the presence services and any clients.

Mike

Hi guys

I have similar issue for only one user. Presence works for everyone else. Tried all above. his presence status is disconnecting pending retry. He is on 7.1

Rest all ok in show server health. checked all settings at cups and call manager. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

I fought with this all last week and this past weekend... I was able to finally resolve it when I discovered that my CUPC was trying to authenticate with user@domain.com format. I solved it by setting a digest credential on all my users, and on the UCM side, go to User Management > SIP Realm... then setup a realm for your domain name and the same digest authentication code.

Its happening to onlyy one user. everybody has digest credetials. though there is no sip realm. I have a tac case on it. tac logged in as root and deleted user from cups and resynched. still doesnt work. they are going to use touch command on thios user. will keep you posted

Any update?  I had the same thing happen to just one user yesterday.  CUPC 7 client logged in but the Presence wouldn't connect.  I tried telnetting to the server over the port it was trying and the session opened up.  I tried same username on different PC and it logged in but still no Presence.

Today I went to check on the user and it was working perfectly.

Its bit weird. TAC tried to log in to server as root, deleted user manually and resynched. still didnt work. then they ran following command in root mode

touch /usr/local/pe/afterL2Upgrade.txt

Above clears the cache entries. We then reloaded the server and It was all good.

Cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: