Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CUPC 7.0 silent install

All,

Hopefully really simple question.  We have finished out beta of CUPC and are ready to begin a limited rollout.  Is there a way to set the cupc .msi package for a silent install.  I have looked around and can't find any procedure for this documented.

Thanks,

Bill

• Unified Communications Applications
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

Re: CUPC 7.0 silent install

You can't. This information exists in an XML file on the local disk. You will need an MST or a logon script that pre-seeds the default XML file which will be copied when the user launches CUPC. We have covered this before here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3008466#3008466

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or
4 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

It's a standard MSI so the normal msiexec options should apply. Have you tried using the msiexec /quiet parameter?  Whatever your normal package deployment method is should work for CUPC.

Thanks, I had hoped that was the case, but what I was more asking (and not asking really well)

was where in the installer can I give it the name of the presence server

and any other options.

VIP Super Bronze

You can't. This information exists in an XML file on the local disk. You will need an MST or a logon script that pre-seeds the default XML file which will be copied when the user launches CUPC. We have covered this before here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3008466#3008466

Sorry to make you go over old ground but I truly appreciate the fast reply.  This giv

es me a good starting point.

Views
Helpful
Replies