Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC 7.0 softphone control does not work

rubendehaas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've tried everything to control my Cisco IP Communicator softphone 7.0 via the Cisco Personal Communicator7.0

In the CUPC Show server health the message behind softphone is "connecting (primary).It is not possible to Place a Call (Phone not Available) it is greyed out.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Ruben

I've attached 2 screenshots

System Engineer at Conscia Nederland: www.conscia.com/nl/
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Just for your information:

1) You should NOT change the hostname in OS administration. It would cause more problem than you had expected.

2) If you'd like application use IP address to contact CUCM, you should go to CUCM Admin web page > System > Server. Change the hostname there to IP adress.

Michael

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

From the workstation PC, can you ping the host name "ccm"?

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Thank you very much for you're reply!

I've tried to ping CCM but nothing happened...

I changed 2 things. The first one is that i changed the hostname from "ccm" to the ip address in OS administration.

The second one is that I've added a WINS server in the the Windows 2003 server where a DNS server was already configured.

I really don't know wich change solved the problem, but it works great now!!

So thank you again!

Regards,

Ruben

Just for your information:

1) You should NOT change the hostname in OS administration. It would cause more problem than you had expected.

2) If you'd like application use IP address to contact CUCM, you should go to CUCM Admin web page > System > Server. Change the hostname there to IP adress.

Michael

Ok thnx. It is only a test environment. I will close the topic now.

Regards,

Ruben