cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC 8 IM Broadcast

DOUG DAVIDSON
Level 5
Level 5

In the documentation it references being able to broadcast an IM to multiple users, or at least I thought I saw it. How do you broadcast a message to multiple users via CUPC 8.0?

3 Replies 3

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Could you paste the document link here?

The only way I can think of was to invite users to a group chat then send them messages.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

I found where the presence 8 documentation stated that "Broadcast IM" is available but not on all clients.

Broadcast IM

Broadcast IM is the ability to send an IM to multiple contacts at the  same time, for example, a user wants to send a notification to a large  group of contacts. Note that not all IM clients support this feature.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_0/english/install_upgrade/deployment/guide/dgeim.html#wp1101161

I know I have seen documentation concerning cupc 8 and Broadcast IM prior to cupc 8 being available.  Still searching for that.

jgolden
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is 2 years later, but I was looking for the same thing and I found the answer.  So I hope this will prove useful to others who are searching like I was.

First I had to download the Deployment Guide for Cisco Unified Presence 8.0 and 8.5 after I did that I found on page 10-6 "Sending a Broadcast message".  This answer was not what I expected.  I expected to be able to broadcast an IM from within CUPC.  However, to be able to do this you need to login to the Presence server and do the following:

1. Select Cisco Unified Presence Administration > Application > IP Phone Messenger > Status.
  2. Locate the Cisco IP PhoneMessenger user(s).
  3. Perform one of the following actions:
  4. Select the end users to whom you want to send a broadcast message.
  • Select Select All.
  • Enter the broadcast message text in the Message box.

5. Select Broadcast. 

6. Perform one of the following actions when you are prompted to confirm that you want to send a broadcast message:

• Select OK to send the message.
  • Select Cancel to exit without sending the message.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: