Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUPC 8 softphone mode not working

CUPC version 8.0.171.15962

CUPS version 8.0.4.10000-5

problem with softphone mode. part of Core.log:

---cut---

2010-11-12 17:44:06,035 DEBUG [ws-pool-thread-2] [CCMCIPProvider] [CCMCIPProviderImpl.fetchDeviceList(90)] - Attempting to connect to primary CCMCIP host: mercedes
2010-11-12 17:44:06,051 INFO  [ws-pool-thread-2] [CCMCIPProvider] [CCMCIPClient.fetchDevices(244)] - Setting certification level to '1' (SELF_SIGNED_CERTS)
2010-11-12 17:44:06,207 INFO  [ws-pool-thread-2] [org.apache.commons.httpclient.auth.AuthChallengeProcessor] [AuthChallengeProcessor.selectAuthScheme(101)] - basic authentication scheme selected
2010-11-12 17:44:06,207 INFO  [ws-pool-thread-2] [org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector] [HttpMethodDirector.processWWWAuthChallenge(722)] - Failure authenticating with BASIC 'users'@mercedes:8443
2010-11-12 17:44:06,207 INFO  [ws-pool-thread-2] [PhoneService] [PhoneServiceCoreImpl.changeDevice(1809)] - Changing to mode Unknown deviceName  selectedLineId
2010-11-12 17:44:06,207 DEBUG [ws-pool-thread-2] [PhoneService] [PhoneServiceCoreImpl.changeDevice(1941)] - Phone Service is not initialized. SubService not started.
2010-11-12 17:44:06,207 ERROR [ws-pool-thread-2] [DeviceAdapter] [DeviceServiceImpl.initialize(435)] - Problem initializing on the Device service. Bad user name or password

---cut---

what may be the reason for this?

P.S. CUPC version 7.1 works fine in softphone mode in the same CUPS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: CUPC 8 softphone mode not working

Interesting

Since you can login the XCP Authentication service and XCP Connection manager are both running ...

I would take a sniffer trace on the client side and I would check the SIP traffic to see why the CUPC complains about invalid credentials.

Let me know how it goes.

Christos

PS: In my lab I have it working without configuring the digest user but anyway ...

6 REPLIES

Have you setup the new CSF phone device? In 7.x it was a UPC, but it requires a different device type for 8.x.

HTH,

Doug

yes i have created device named CSFIVAN. screen of device properties:

also line is associated with the user:

screenshot of error in CUPC (in english "error initializing device. wrong credentials"):

Hey Ilya,

You don't need to have the user associated with the line in the softphone mode.

Is there any reason you need to specify a digest user on the csf device configuration ? If not you can remove it and try again.

Regards,

Christos

Edit: I suppose that the same user can login control the CUPC 7.x device fine when he logs in with the same credentials correct?

Christos, tank you for reply.

I have reintalled the whole system. It contains following software:

CUCM version 8.0.3.21900-8

CUPC version 8.0.171.15962

CUPS versions 8.0.4.10000-5 and 7.1(1.13850)

But reinstalltion not resolved my problem.

>You don't need to have the user associated with the line in the softphone mode.

When i remove this association i receive same result - CUPC 7 works, CUPC 8 does not.

>Is there any reason you need to specify a digest user on the csf device configuration ? If not you can remove it and try again.

Reason is in "Deployment Guide for Cisco Unified Presence Release 8.0 (June 29, 2010)" on page 11-14:

"Digest User
Select the user ID. This is the same user ID as the one you selected for Owner User ID."

Removing the user takes the same result, again CUPC 7 works, CUPC 8 does not.

>I suppose that the same user can login control the CUPC 7.x device fine when he logs in with the same credentials correct?

Yes

Interesting

Since you can login the XCP Authentication service and XCP Connection manager are both running ...

I would take a sniffer trace on the client side and I would check the SIP traffic to see why the CUPC complains about invalid credentials.

Let me know how it goes.

Christos

PS: In my lab I have it working without configuring the digest user but anyway ...

Hi, Christos.

Problem resolved after reinstalling and cleaning registry and local user settings on my computer, now CUPC 8 works like a charm.

Yes, the digest credentials is not necessary.

Tank you for assistance.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content