Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

CUPC Add contacts automatically

Is there a way to automatically add all presence users to CUPC client as contacts and don't have to manually add each contact on every CUPC new client, also the option to delete contacts when there are changes.

Regards,

Juan Carlos Arias

4 REPLIES

Already solved creating a Contact List on Bulk Administration, thanks

Juan, if you don't mind my asking, how many users did you add to the contact list and where did you get them from?  I have been trying to come up with a practical way to do this for 80 users that doesn't involved building a ridiculous CSV file manually but haven't been able to come up with anything.  Thanks in advance.

Bill

Bill, are you looking on how to add all of your 80 users that are already created on CUP server??  If that it's, then you will have to create a CSV file and fill it each column this way:

User ID,User Domain,Contact ID,Contact Domain,Nickname,Group Name

It will be a long data file but it's better that creating manually on each CUPC client, if you have 80 users you will need to have a file of 6320 rows, (n * n) - n, if n = 80.

After you have this file created, on CUP Server go to Bulk Administration > Upload/Download Files > Select CUP Users & Update CUP Users.  After this go to Bulk Administration > Contact List > Update, select the file that you upload and then you can run now or schedule for later.

Rate if this is useful for you.

Regards,

Juan Carlos Arias

Juan, thanks for your reply.  I have been trying to find a way to script it to pull it from Active Directory and create the CSV file automatically.  The thought of creating a 6,320 row CSV file manually is just beyond what I am going to do.

Its a bit depressing that a free, open source XMPP solution like OpenFire has had the ability to pull and create sever based contact lists (from Active Directory) for years, yet Cisco cannot.  We were talked into purchasing CUPS along with our CUCM solution.  Had I known then what I know now, I would never have spent the money on it, 6 months later and we still haven't converted off OpenFire because we can't get server based contact groups/lists working.  Pitiful. 

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content