Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

CUPC and LDAP

I'm very new to CUPC and CUPS so hopefully this is an easy problem. I can't seem to get any results when searching in CUPC. I ran a packet sniffer while doing a search and I see the successful LDAP bind to my AD server followed by a query that looks like:

(|(givenName=elaine)(sn=elaine)(nickname=elaine)(sAMAccountName=elaine)(telephoneNumber=elaine))

When I go directly to the LDAP server and run ldp I can get a successful return with the above filter as long as the scope is set to 'Base', if I change the scope to 'One Level' or 'Subtree' it doesn't find anything. Back in Wireshark, I do see that CUPC has the scope set to 'Subtree (0x02)' but I don't know how to change it. I looked at the LDAP profile configuration page in CUPS as well as the settings on CUPC and don't see anything mentioning search scope.

Thanks

1 REPLY
Super Bronze

Re: CUPC and LDAP

Hi

Well.. not sure what your problem here is exactly, but whether or not the substree is searched is controlled by a setting on the LDAP Profile in the CUPC menus in CUPS. There's a checkbox there ('Recursive Search') that turns this on or off.

I have mine set to recursive (as my users are in sub-OUs, so wouldn't be found otherwise) and this is how all my customer deployments have been configured.

What versions of CUPS and CUPC are you running?

I noted that my LDAP query from CUPC is set to 'Whole Subtree(2)' rather than your 'Subtree(3)'...

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content