Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC and Unity7 for Domino

guy.richard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

As there is no "Inbox" feature in ciscopca when unified with Domino, is there any way to show voicemails in CUPC ?

Thanks in advance

Guy

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Craig Cooper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Guy,

Unfortunately, CUPC Voicemail configuration is supported only with Unity integrated with Exchange or with Unity Connection, but not with Domino.

Kind regards,

Craig

View solution in original post

Hi Guy,

Visual Message Locator (VML) is supported for use with Cisco Unity with Exchange ONLY.

However, while VML does not work, Message Monitor and Remote Message Monitor WILL work with Domino;  since that feature is not mailstore dependent.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/administration/guide/dom/5xcusag115d.html

You may also wish to note that the CUC ViewMail for Notes Plugin does works with Unity Connection (with an IMAP connection to it), as does the phone interface.

Kind regards,

Craig Cooper

Sydney, Australia

ccooper@cisco.com

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Craig Cooper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Guy,

Unfortunately, CUPC Voicemail configuration is supported only with Unity integrated with Exchange or with Unity Connection, but not with Domino.

Kind regards,

Craig

Hi Craig,

Obviously this is not the answer I hoped but thanks a lot for your help I can stop looking for.

Kind Regards

Guy

Sorry Craig,

This makes me think about another feature.

Can you tell me if xml viewmail on the Ip Phone will work with Donimo integration , or the answer is the same as for web inbox ?

Thanks in advance

Guy

Hi Guy,

Visual Message Locator (VML) is supported for use with Cisco Unity with Exchange ONLY.

However, while VML does not work, Message Monitor and Remote Message Monitor WILL work with Domino;  since that feature is not mailstore dependent.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/administration/guide/dom/5xcusag115d.html

You may also wish to note that the CUC ViewMail for Notes Plugin does works with Unity Connection (with an IMAP connection to it), as does the phone interface.

Kind regards,

Craig Cooper

Sydney, Australia

ccooper@cisco.com

Thanks Craig,

Yes I can verify that Message Monitor works but in this case I have another issue with Message Monitor.

Because of the WAN and the IP Telephony service provider requirements (G729 40ms), I have installed Unity in G729 so I think Message Monitor using XML command RTPRx only supports G711.

I think I have to re-install Unity in G711 and provision transcoding ressources.

Regards

Guy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: