Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC crashes during username/password authentication

scottbentley
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a user running a Dell D420 w/ XP SP3 and CUPC 7.0.2.  During the login authentication process for CUPC, the application crashes.  This user can login to CUPC with his un/pw on another computer.  When I attempt it with my un/pw on his computer it crashes as well.  I've also tried a separate profile.  When putting in an incorrect un/pw, it does come back with a un/pw error and doesn't crash.  It seems it happens when it actually authenticates.  I've disabled the AV, removed most of Wave Systems' software except for Document Manager Lite and Personal Information Manager and reinstalled CUPC (twice).  I'm out of any logical suggestions at this point.  Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Are you sure you removed "Embassy Security Suite"?

If yes, try to remove the following folders:

%userprofile%\Application Data\Cisco\Unified Personal Communicator

%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Cisco\Unified Personal Communicator

Thanks!

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Thanks for the response, Michael.  I even contacted Wave to get manual uninstallation instructions to make sure all of their software is removed.  I deleted the folders you recommended and it still crashes after it authenticates   Any other ideas?

Then you'll have to open a TAC case.

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: